Attendance register and invoice sheets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attendance register and invoice sheets

A very kind gentleman called Pete has kindly shared an Excel document for creating attendance registers and invoice sheets.

Sheet 1 you put in the name address you want to see on the paperwork and it will place it on all the forms.
    Sheet 2 is the attendance sheet name of the child time of arrival etc (times
    need to be entered 24 hr style with the colon: in between the hours and
    minutes for the auto calculations to take place.

Any feedback would be appreciated by Pete

You will need Excel on your computer for it to work.

Edit to add that Peter has updated the sheet to a newer version following your questions and comments.
    EDIT 17/7/12 - another updated version!
    Last edited by Pauline; 17-07-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: updating version
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is interesting! Thank you to Pete for sharing.

I am not an expert using Excel I just about get by. Is it easy to change the calculations from weekly to monthly and to alter the rate per hour / comments and other fields?

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, but if you enter start time a.m then departure time p.m for all day attendees it doesn't calculate correctly, or is it just me
    I can't use it as I don't charge hourly, and what happens if you have an overtime rate for some of the hours of attendance .
    I would like to make my invoicing this easy
    Carol xx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That is brilliant. I really like this format. I take it that Pete is happy for this to be used by us. I have a register that I use, that I do like (also excel) but it's just for handwriting in. This way is cool, cos it self generates the invoices I don't have any problems with that lol.

The only improvement I could think of is for those who use monthly invoices - but I quite like the idea of having the weekly ones anyway.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    That is brilliant. I really like this format. I take it that Pete is happy for this to be used by us. I have a register that I use, that I do like (also excel) but it's just for handwriting in. This way is cool, cos it self generates the invoices I don't have any problems with that lol.

The only improvement I could think of is for those who use monthly invoices - but I quite like the idea of having the weekly ones anyway.
    Yes Pete is quite happy for you to use them.
    Pauline x

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes not sure how it would work for monthly, would be good if weeklies were all on one page rather than seperate. Like the layout, very clear and easy to use. Also for all day children would we have to write in am departure or can you just put in an am arrival and pm departure? Thanks

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Please disregard my earlier mention of monthly invoices - have just spotted the 5 week invoice after the blank invoice totally perfect now lol.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest version is now in the first post, it has updates of:

as requested your members I have added 2 sections
    1. additional costs incurred on the weekly invoice
    2. Comments box.

Peter asked me to say he is really pleased with your feedback
    Pauline x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

after all this hard work I hate to point out that on the blank invoice "receipt" is still wrong.................................sorry....... .......really sorry

but thank you so much for this x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your continued adjustments Peter

I think, if I understand it correctly, this would be most beneficial for childminders who charge by the hour, only charge for hours used and charge in arrears. If the invoice was produced that showed a figure for the actual hours the child attended, I don't think parents would like having a note in the comments box saying that actually, I will be charging more than it shows. It could lead to so many of them asking why they are paying more when it says it was only X amount.

I wonder also, how would this work for people who invoice parents in advance?
    I charge a daily rate, charge a set amount not dependent on hours actually attended and I charge in advance. My invoices are pretty standard and only vary by the number of days in a month. I don't think it would work for me personally, but good luck with it

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks for your continued adjustments Peter

I think, if I understand it correctly, this would be most beneficial for childminders who charge by the hour, only charge for hours used and charge in arrears. If the invoice was produced that showed a figure for the actual hours the child attended, I don't think parents would like having a note in the comments box saying that actually, I will be charging more than it shows. It could lead to so many of them asking why they are paying more when it says it was only X amount.
    I charge by the hour and I charge in arrears....so for me that is fine......... I think I will get around the hours used /hours contracted for question by putting the contracted hours as a minimum in the attendance times eg 8.00-17.00 even if they are collected at 16.00............I realise this is not an accurate attendance record for Ofsted purposes but for generating an invoice it will be an accurate record of money owed by the parents.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    after all this hard work I hate to point out that on the blank invoice "receipt" is still wrong.................................sorry....... .......really sorry

but thank you so much for this x
    Is it possible to change it yourself and then re-save the document?
    Pauline x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That is excellent - thank you so much for this . Am going back to providing food next year, for small additional cost so the new update makes the system totally perfect for me. Thank you for putting in the hard work - you have saved my poor sick mother from having to do this for me when she gets out of hospital

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Is it possible to change it yourself and then re-save the document?
    unfortunately no..................................but........... ...........Peter has sorted it out for me I'm sure he will update the original too x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete and Pauline too

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just updated the original version as Pete made some additions after a problem was noticed on the calculations
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have only just found this as I have run out of record sheets and was looking to do my own . I cant get it to work cos when I try to alter anything on the attendance sheets its says review and change but then it asks for a password ? any advice on this please how as any else got this to work as I see a few of you are using it xx thank you x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    Hi I have only just found this as I have run out of record sheets and was looking to do my own . I cant get it to work cos when I try to alter anything on the attendance sheets its says review and change but then it asks for a password ? any advice on this please how as any else got this to work as I see a few of you are using it xx thank you x
    I will let Peter know, this is a new one that I added this morning, maybe he forgot to take the password off or something.
    Pauline x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    you have to change everything form the attendance sheet first ie delete entries and input from there as all the other sheets are filled in automatically from the original entry on the attendance sheet . ..............it will then work fine.
    I have been using this and giving Peter feedback and think all the problems have been tweaked now

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    you have to change everything form the attendance sheet first ie delete entries and input from there as all the other sheets are filled in automatically from the original entry on the attendance sheet . ..............it will then work fine.
    I have been using this and giving Peter feedback and think all the problems have been tweaked now
    Thanks Sonia Yes the latest version is down to your feedback
    Pauline x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast