Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete and Pauline, I am fairly new to excel but it looks fairly straight forward. I am about to do my December invoices so it will save me time and look more professional.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just updated the original version as Pete made some additions after a problem was noticed on the calculations
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have only just found this as I have run out of record sheets and was looking to do my own . I cant get it to work cos when I try to alter anything on the attendance sheets its says review and change but then it asks for a password ? any advice on this please how as any else got this to work as I see a few of you are using it xx thank you x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    Hi I have only just found this as I have run out of record sheets and was looking to do my own . I cant get it to work cos when I try to alter anything on the attendance sheets its says review and change but then it asks for a password ? any advice on this please how as any else got this to work as I see a few of you are using it xx thank you x
    I will let Peter know, this is a new one that I added this morning, maybe he forgot to take the password off or something.
    Pauline x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

you have to change everything form the attendance sheet first ie delete entries and input from there as all the other sheets are filled in automatically from the original entry on the attendance sheet . ..............it will then work fine.
    I have been using this and giving Peter feedback and think all the problems have been tweaked now

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    you have to change everything form the attendance sheet first ie delete entries and input from there as all the other sheets are filled in automatically from the original entry on the attendance sheet . ..............it will then work fine.
    I have been using this and giving Peter feedback and think all the problems have been tweaked now
    Thanks Sonia Yes the latest version is down to your feedback
    Pauline x

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had a quick play, not minding at the moment but think this would be a great tool if I went back to it well done

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just changed the format for my invoicing and then saw this so thought I would have a play. Potentially I like the idea of having a system like this that would generate an invoice for me but as someone previously mentioned I cannot use it as I charge in advance. I suppose if I was purely using as an invoice tool it would work. I can't imagine there are many people who literally charge for the time the children are in and in arrears for this to work? If they do then I imagine it would be fantastic and it looks as though some are already using it. For those that do - if the child comes say 5 mins early at drop off and then gets collected say 20 mins early are you charging them for 15 mins less than contracted times?

It is very nice of you Pete to do this for everyone. Especially to sort out individual needs. Can I ask, do you do this for a living or putting together a package for childminders that you are running passed us first etc? (Just me being nosey!)

toddlers896 Guest

does anybody know why i cant open this file.
    thanks
    tracy

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    I have just changed the format for my invoicing and then saw this so thought I would have a play. Potentially I like the idea of having a system like this that would generate an invoice for me but as someone previously mentioned I cannot use it as I charge in advance. I suppose if I was purely using as an invoice tool it would work. I can't imagine there are many people who literally charge for the time the children are in and in arrears for this to work? If they do then I imagine it would be fantastic and it looks as though some are already using it. For those that do - if the child comes say 5 mins early at drop off and then gets collected say 20 mins early are you charging them for 15 mins less than contracted times?

It is very nice of you Pete to do this for everyone. Especially to sort out individual needs. Can I ask, do you do this for a living or putting together a package for childminders that you are running passed us first etc? (Just me being nosey!)
    To answer your question No I don't do this for a living, I am a rank amateur compared to the real experts with excel.
    It all started with a friend who is a child minder that was fed up with filling out the forms and writing receipts for customers. I said I would like to have a go at creating something that she could enter the arr times and dep times on a screen that looks like the form she was filling out and an invoice would be produced.
    she loved it, that was a couple of years ago, last year my pc died so i bought a new one, whilst I was transferring all the files over to the new one I came across the sheet and wondered if anyone else could benefit from it. that's when I contacted Pauline.
    thanks to all the forums feedback it's far better than it was, but there is always room for improvement lol.
    some people do sudoku or crosswords I love the challenge of excel.
    believe it or not I drive trains for a living.
    sorry to be long winded.
    pete

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post

I am using it and yes I do charge in arrears.
    In 16yrs I have never had a problem

It is not intended as an accurate attendance register for Ofsted who want exact times a child enters and leaves your care but as an invoice tool for creating your monthly bills.

I enter contracted times of arrival and departure, if a child arrives earlier/leaves later I enter the appropriate times so that extra payment will be calculated.

Obviously this system will not cater for everyone's individual needs but as a basic invoice system it is excellent.

If you charge in advance it will work as you just enter the booked times and days for the month in question, any extra payments can then be added to the next months invoice as additional payments as I presume you would do normally.

I keep a totally separate record of actual times of arrival and departure in a separate place for Ofsted purposes.

thanks to Pete it has made my life a lot easier

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah thanks Pete - I love long winded answers! What a nice train driver you are

Sonia Ann, yes I can see what you mean re using it purely for the invoicing side of things. Might have another play myself. I am all up for ease!

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete this is really brilliant!

I wonder if you could help me though...

I only give my parents monthly invoices - is there any way I could put down additional costs on the monthly sheet, instead of asking them to refer to the weekly ones?

Sorry to be a pain!

Post Thanks / Like

Help x I have deleted everything from the spread sheets and then tried to put the figures in again and when I try to put the hours in it still stops me putting the hours in it says cells are protected and needs a password. I cant get past it. x

aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have just found this and it will work great for me but when i try to enter and change times it says no as its only a read doc. please help i am being thick!
    tax

feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it!
    Not started minding yet but will be def using this. Will be invoicing in advance so I will just calculate their contracted hours and add any extra hours they have onto next invoice, perfect!
    Thank you
    Emma x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Help x I have deleted everything from the spread sheets and then tried to put the figures in again and when I try to put the hours in it still stops me putting the hours in it says cells are protected and needs a password. I cant get past it. x
    you must enter everything on the attendance sheet only, it will then transfer to the other sheets

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlou View Post
    i have just found this and it will work great for me but when i try to enter and change times it says no as its only a read doc. please help i am being thick!
    tax
    as above............only enter the times on the attendance sheet , the document will do the rest

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

does any one know how we go about Retainers?

my mindee has been off for three weeks and I would charge fee

also I cant open the updated document

ziller

April12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya. This spreadsheet sounds perfect but it won't let me open it. I have just joined the site yesterday. How long before I have privileges? Thank you x

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast