Attendance register and invoice sheets
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BuggsieMoo Guest

I really like this however,

Is there someway of adding an additonal fee box? I charge a seperate rate for holidays and sickness and at present cannot show this on the invoice.

Thanks Pete! (and Pauline)

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

another thought, don't know how feasible it is.........................as it stands at the moment to save each childs details etc means saving a copy for each child as a separate doc.......................is it at all possible to have a drop down menu under name to select a childs name and details??.....................i don't know how to explain it very well

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    What if you charge a set rate, not an hourly rate? I have several different set rates - full day, part day, before school, after school. And additional hours are charged differently.

I would find the attendance register useful, but I don't think the invoice bit would work for me, but then I suppose it is aimed at people who do an hourly charge.

Another thought. What if you charged an hourly rate and the contract was from 8am - 5pm, but mindee went home at 3pm one day? Would it calculate the fee as only being until 3pm?
    mm i was thinking that too .............i would use the register for contracted hours and add on any extra time.....................however Ofsted want us to record the actual times the child is with us and I already do that in my diary.........I would find this useful primarily as an invoice tool rather than an accurate attendance register

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

What if you charge a set rate, not an hourly rate? I have several different set rates - full day, part day, before school, after school. And additional hours are charged differently.

I would find the attendance register useful, but I don't think the invoice bit would work for me, but then I suppose it is aimed at people who do an hourly charge.

Another thought. What if you charged an hourly rate and the contract was from 8am - 5pm, but mindee went home at 3pm one day? Would it calculate the fee as only being until 3pm?
    excel will only calculate from one entry to another if the child went home early you could do type a note on the invoice stating contractual hours.

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonia ann View Post
    another thought, don't know how feasible it is.........................as it stands at the moment to save each childs details etc means saving a copy for each child as a separate doc.......................is it at all possible to have a drop down menu under name to select a childs name and details??.....................i don't know how to explain it very well
    Hi
    I think what you are talking about would be a data base where all docs are indexed by name.
    In all honesty you would have to find someone with database skills however I have many excel docs saved and in a folder. they are listed in alphabetical order which is almost as good as a database.
    pete

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

been playing with this................................very good for basic invoices .........two small points
    1. correct spelling of receipt please
    2. can we change the picture to our own logo?

other than that a workable document thank you
    1.You spotted my deliberate mistake DOH! lol Well spotted
    2.as excel primarily works with figures it does not transfer pictures from the settings page to the other pages. spent many hours trying to figure that one out. however if if pauline agrees and you can send me a logo I can put one on for you.
    pete

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by excel pete View Post
    1.You spotted my deliberate mistake DOH! lol Well spotted
    2.as excel primarily works with figures it does not transfer pictures from the settings page to the other pages. spent many hours trying to figure that one out. however if if pauline agrees and you can send me a logo I can put one on for you.
    pete
    thank you for your replies................I am going to use this for my December invoices, once a page is set up for each family I think it will save me time and look much more professional than my hand written invoices at present
    I will let you know how I get on.
    With ref. to my logo.........it is the one in my profile picture..............can you use that or will I have to e-mail you separately?............if you can put it on for me that would be lovely ,if not no problem.
    Thanks again for doing this

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default logo

thank you for your replies................I am going to use this for my December invoices, once a page is set up for each family I think it will save me time and look much more professional than my hand written invoices at present
    I will let you know how I get on.
    With ref. to my logo.........it is the one in my profile picture..............can you use that or will I have to e-mail you separately?............if you can put it on for me that would be lovely ,if not no problem.
    Thanks again for doing this
    Hi
    I can't use your avatar picture as it's too small and may lose detail when on the sheet.
    Send me a copy via email and I will email you a sample placed on the latest version of the sheet that includes two new sections on the invoice.
    One for additional costs (meals Venues etc.) and the second is a comments box.
    pete

peter.mantell@tiscali.co.uk

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest version is now in the first post, it has updates of:

as requested your members I have added 2 sections
    1. additional costs incurred on the weekly invoice
    2. Comments box.

Peter asked me to say he is really pleased with your feedback
    Pauline x

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

after all this hard work I hate to point out that on the blank invoice "receipt" is still wrong.................................sorry....... .......really sorry

but thank you so much for this x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your continued adjustments Peter

I think, if I understand it correctly, this would be most beneficial for childminders who charge by the hour, only charge for hours used and charge in arrears. If the invoice was produced that showed a figure for the actual hours the child attended, I don't think parents would like having a note in the comments box saying that actually, I will be charging more than it shows. It could lead to so many of them asking why they are paying more when it says it was only X amount.

I wonder also, how would this work for people who invoice parents in advance?
    I charge a daily rate, charge a set amount not dependent on hours actually attended and I charge in advance. My invoices are pretty standard and only vary by the number of days in a month. I don't think it would work for me personally, but good luck with it

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your continued adjustments Peter

I think, if I understand it correctly, this would be most beneficial for childminders who charge by the hour, only charge for hours used and charge in arrears. If the invoice was produced that showed a figure for the actual hours the child attended, I don't think parents would like having a note in the comments box saying that actually, I will be charging more than it shows. It could lead to so many of them asking why they are paying more when it says it was only X amount.
    I charge by the hour and I charge in arrears....so for me that is fine......... I think I will get around the hours used /hours contracted for question by putting the contracted hours as a minimum in the attendance times eg 8.00-17.00 even if they are collected at 16.00............I realise this is not an accurate attendance record for Ofsted purposes but for generating an invoice it will be an accurate record of money owed by the parents.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

after all this hard work I hate to point out that on the blank invoice "receipt" is still wrong.................................sorry....... .......really sorry

but thank you so much for this x
    Is it possible to change it yourself and then re-save the document?
    Pauline x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That is excellent - thank you so much for this . Am going back to providing food next year, for small additional cost so the new update makes the system totally perfect for me. Thank you for putting in the hard work - you have saved my poor sick mother from having to do this for me when she gets out of hospital

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Is it possible to change it yourself and then re-save the document?
    unfortunately no..................................but........... ...........Peter has sorted it out for me I'm sure he will update the original too x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete and Pauline too

Angel xx

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just done my December invoices using this.................... I am so pleased, it has worked really well, my invoices look professional and now the system is set up will make my life so much easier...........thank you xx................................................ ....my OH is also very grateful because it means I won't be nagging him to set up a system for me

18. Likes susanrich liked this post
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Many Thanks

Hi all
    Just a quick word to thank you all for your feedback, It's been brilliant , sorry about the spelling mistakes I concentrate so much on getting the formulas right I miss the most obvious things.
    Some things like the different rates charged are an individual thing, some people charge time and a half, some time and a quarter after the contractual hours are completed.
    a sheet for them for them would have to be a bespoke item.
    My goal is to create something that would be universal, but it will always have limitations.
    But keep sending me feedback and I will try my best to accommodate.
    also if there are any forms or docs that you think should be included into the package let me know.

Pete

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

so far had very positive feedback, with comments such as "professional", "clear", "nice layout"...........................the only slightly negative one was " oh you don't have to waste your paper and ink on an invoice for me, your little receipt book was fine"

I just had to change one invoice at short notice as extra hours were booked in for today.............open file, add hours, print, done...................brilliant

21. Likes susanrich liked this post
    june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

think this is a great system, is there anyway we can put our own logo onto it

just thought maybe you could post a copy with a blank space for us all to put our own logo onto each page.

many
    thanks

ziller
    Last edited by zillervalley; 26-12-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast