First Contract - help please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Contract - help please

Ok so Ive officially got my first family (and two others in the line up after weeks of nothing everyone wants me this week :-))) Im using a contract that i purchased through treasure chest and am going to be taking my insurance through MM.
    The contract is only 2 eves after school and one full day in the holidays. As im not full at the moment I was going to offer a flexi day in the hols, Is writiing "one full day each week in the holidays payable but flexible with which day" sufficient for contractal terms? Or should i be more specific and ask her to designate a day each week?
    Also Would you use MM contracts ? (they say i dont have to and as Ive already got these thought i might aswell use them)

Also do yuo write a contract for each child even if the hours will be the same for one family. - no forget it that sounds wrong. def one for each child
    Man all these things i havent yet thought about !

thanks in advance

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen the contracts you have bought... however the reason I don't sell my contracts is because I would hate someone to buy them, use them and there be something wrong in them which means that in a sticky situation they are not legally covered... if that makes sense!

I always advise new childminders to buy either MM or NCMA paperwork at least to start with so they know exactly what they should be doing.

However having said that there is an error on MM paperwork which gives parents the option to opt out of you being able to seek permission for medical advice or treatment for the child. If they ticked this box it would mean you were working illegally.

Hth

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, sorry I can't offer much advise, as I am in a similar scenario, just got my first official couple of children, and it's just a couple of mornings for one and one afternoon a week for t'other. I have the NCMA contracts and they are 4 pages long, and it seems an awful lot of paperwork for one afternoon a week? but is there any other type of contract I can draw up? Also, there are a few things on there I haven't even thought of too, like "late pymnt fee" how much I'll charge per 15 mins if they're late, is this neccessary? Do I have to put a figure in there? What to do??? And what is the acceptable amount? if I work it out by the hourly rate it's about £1.50 per 15 mins, this seems a bit pedantic to ask for an extra £1.50 if they're 15 mins late, I wouldn't like to do that,