Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Media Policy/Procedure?

Just received a letter from my local Children's Services detailing a 'Summary of Trends' - things Ofsted are picking up on durning inspections of local settings. Most of the stuff is the usual schoolboy errors; no register, lapsed First Aid certificates, premissions etc...

However this one under 'Safeguarding' concerned me:

"Improve Safeguarding by fully implementing the Policy for Digital Media"

Spoke to my development worker and she says I need a policy to cover what happens to all the photographs that I take on my phone/camera.

Has anyone else come across this or even better got one they are willing to share
    Buttons xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a specific policy! That would be very short However I do have a couple of sentences in my Safeguarding policy that details what I do with photos.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a permission for taking photos and I state when I might use them a bit in my safeguarding and confidentiality policies

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm relieved that I have exactly the same as you two

However, the Development worker says I need to cover what happens to the photo's on my phone or on the camera after I've downloaded, printed off etc...

I'm guessing that possibly what she's after is words to the effect that I don't keep copies and they are deleted from phone, memory card or whatever. So I think the best think is to tweak my safeguarding policy to include this rather than having a separate Digital Media Policy.

P.S. When I mentioned this to DH he thought a Digital Media Policy was about limiting the amount of TV the children have
    Buttons xx

Apr 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Digital Media Policy

Thats a good question. I will be taking this one on board. I dont have a camera on my phone, but suppose i do in the future i need to have that in place. As on a camera i have been using my own personal home camera, but has now made me stop and think that perhaps i now need one just for Childminding photos, so i can just delete them after i printed copy off. As i would keep my home memory stick amd may forget to delete chilminding photos along the way.

Well this is certaily food for thought. Thanks as this has been a very useful thought as i am due my inspection before the end of October 2011.