one off child for one day only, what paperwork???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default one off child for one day only, what paperwork???

Hi all

New mum signed NCMA contract with me this morning and i have all the permissions and policies signed.

I will be looking after her 2 boys (age 3 and 7) on a monday wednesday and friday for a few hours during the day during the summer holidays.

she asked if I could do 10-4pm tommorow as a one off and we came to an agreement on a fee for a saturday.

She then asked if I could also have one of their guests son (age 7) that are staying with them? I have said yes and that I would need that boys mum to also sign some paperwork too which she said wont be a problem

so they are coming tomorrow morning

What paperwork do I need the other mum to sign bearing in mind I am not going to be minding him ever again???? I want to make sure im covered

do i have to fill out another ncma contract???? as this surely just covers agreement on hours days, fees etc. Do I get her to sign all the standard permission and policies??? IS there something separate that I can type up
    to cover me on a one off???

any help quickly greatly appreciated!!

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

mmm this lo will be in your under 8's i would say a permissions form to cover everything, a child record form and permission to seek medical attention ,
    full contacts inc mobile nos, and who has PR

i wouldnt do a full contract but log in your attendance register good luck

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a couple of one offs in the past. I have made up my own form for it- just with the important stuff like name, date of birth, emergency contact details, info on allergies and medical conditions, permission for first aid, permission to go in my car etc. Also a brief outline of their routine, likes, dislikes etc.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    I have done similar to snufflepuff on occasion and just made up a temporary contract consisting of all the details you would need on a child record form, all permissions with tick boxes, space to say they have read understood and agree with all my policies (listed) and any conditions e.g. payment in advance, hours booked must be paid for etc plus the rate - hourly, session etc plus room for both myself and parent/carer to sign and date on each page

If they are coming more than the once I also print them off one and use carbon copy paper to make them a copy to take home, but this probably wouldn't apply in a one off situation

I'd call the family this evening to make sure they'll have the relevant info with them when they fill paperwork in and to check out if the child has any particular needs which you'll have to meet, any allergies, any medicines etc, so that you can explain any procedures or policies for these instances. be awful to have to turn him away becuase mum writes on the form 'asthma' or something but feels he doesn't need any medicine and doesn't bring it

hope it goes well
    Last edited by Goatgirl; 15-07-2011 at 04:31 PM.

july 10
    Post Thanks / Like

great! thanks for all your replies!