First Mindee - What forms?!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Mindee - What forms?!!

Hi I am new to childminding and have my first mindee (this is my third week with him - a 7 month old baby). I am getting abit confused about the paperwork that I need to do. I have all the policies in place and permission forms, its just the rest! I am doing this -

Daily diary
    Regular assessments/observations of baby

Do I need to start doing a learning journal? If so, does this include the assessments/obs that I have done so far? Also do I need to do daily risk assessments and record this onto paper? Also I do need to do a self evaluation form?

Hope you can help!!

Thanks

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, I do a learning journal for all children in eyfs but its just a scrapbook with photo's and artwork in. I use one of the online childminding systems for obs, daily diaries, next steps its brilliant (pm me if you want to know which one as not allowed to advertise it on here) xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes the obs, assessments, individual planning and like Helen says samples of the child's artwork, photos etc all go in a booklet / file called a Learning Journey.

You will also need a copy of the development matters document for the age and stage of development of the child so you can check their progress.

Hth

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks - can you tell me where I can get a copy of the Development matters document? Also sorry to ask, but how do I evidence individual planning for a baby? And, do I complete a SEF in time for my first inspection rather than now as I have just started?

I feel very overwhelmed with all the paperwork and cant seem to find a list to confirm exactly what forms need completing for each child!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've talked about individual planning for babies here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=84853

Development matters is online or there's a link to some very useful sheets here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...opment+matters

There are others around the forum if you use the search facility.

You should start your SEF now and then add to it as you develop and change your ways of doing things. That will show progression and your own learning journey.

Hth