Help!  First Mindee - Contracts & Forms
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! First Mindee - Contracts & Forms

Hi Everyone - I desperately need some help! Everything has suddenly come together very quickly - I received my certificate this week so I am fully registered (hooray!) and then I have seen a mum twice last week and she wants me to mind her 6 month old baby and we are having a settling in period tomorrow and will be going through the forms etc. I havent got a contact (!!) and thought I would be able to go onto the NCMA website and get a PDF but they only do paper copies so I am stuck for tomorrow. I am worried about doing my own as I am so new to this.

I am also worried that I am going to miss something regarding the forms I need the mum to sign. I have -
    Medicial & Emergency consent form
    Photo/Outings/Sun Cream/Observation permission forms
    Child Record form
    Record of Child Individual Needs form
    Sleeping baby policy
    Ongoing Medication Form

Am I missing anything? Do I need Safeguarding, Equality of Opportunity, Behaviour Management, Complaints procdure, Late arriving parent procedure, Missing child procedure, Emergency evacuation procedure and anything else?

Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Sharon - a complete newbie!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you are insured with NCMA then you need to use their contracts... does anyone locally have a spare they can loan you while you are waiting for yours to arrive?

You need permissions in place before you start working... so don't let the parent leave until she has signed.

You can play catch up with policies and procedures over the week the most important thing is to get the contract and permissions in place and then you can focus on the child.

Good luck!