Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help me with sample policies

Hi,

I am currently doing my childminding course and need to finish my assignment by 31st Jan. The problem is, as I'm not a registered member yet I can't access any of the sample policies on the NCMA website. I have phoned them about this and they said there's nothing they can do. I have also googled sample policies and none seem to be very good. This isn't for my business, this is for me to pass my course so it's really important for me.

I have never seen a policy before so I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, which is making me panic! Please please can someone who is a member of the NCMA copy and paste the 4 policies for me so that I can use them as a template. These are:

Behaviour
    Safeguarding
    Accident and Illness
    Equal Opportunities

I'm worried that I will fail this course as I have no experience, have no friends that are childminders, can't access any sample documents and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing!

The new course is rubbish, it's a 16 hour course that literally crams everything in, and I am having to self teach half of the stuff covered in the assignment because it wasn't in the course content.

Please help me, I don't know what else to do and I can't fail!

Thanks,
    Laura

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Laura

An NCMA member wouldn't really be able to copy them for you as it might break the rules of their membership, however don't worry there are many samples on the Bromley Childminding Website - http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

and you are more than welcome to come here and ask for help on what to add to them
    Pauline x

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pauline. These policies seem really vague though and I think they are looking for a more detailed policy. I'm so stuck, I don't even know how one is designed, how it starts, what type of info should be included etc. I feel like I have hit a brick wall

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Hi Laura

An NCMA member wouldn't really be able to copy them for you as it might break the rules of their membership, however don't worry there are many samples on the Bromley Childminding Website - http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/

and you are more than welcome to come here and ask for help on what to add to them

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

You can find samples of the main NCMA policies on their website without being a member. Hx

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried but it won't let me. For all sample policies it says you must be a member. I don't understand why it would be a bad thing to see a sample policy in order to help me pass my course? Please can't someone email me with some sort of help? Please, Im desperate here.

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

As Pauline mentioned above, NCMA have obviously decided to make their policies available to members only so to copy and paste to you would be a copyright issue and against the law!

What is wrong with the bromley ones ?? Many childminders base their policies on these so i don't understand why you think they ae too vague?

Maybe write your own? You seem to know the level of detail your course requires.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bromley ones are fine, you just need to make them personal to you - for example only you can write your behaviour management policy because only you know how you plan to manage behaviour IYSWIM!

Use them as a template to get you off the ground, and then make sure you include all the details relevant to you such as phone numbers etc.

Just have a read through them - that is what a policy basically will look like, and then put it into your own words. You'll be fine!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Use the Bromley as a template and write your own. Once you've done a couple then it all falls into place. It can take time to write your policies and some of us end up with over 20 of them
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lauz125 View Post
    Thanks Pauline. These policies seem really vague though and I think they are looking for a more detailed policy. I'm so stuck, I don't even know how one is designed, how it starts, what type of info should be included etc. I feel like I have hit a brick wall
    The Bromley policies are a good starting point, enough to show you what sort of things to include, it's up to you then how much extra detail you want to put in them. The most important thing is that your policy is personal to you and reflects what you do in your setting.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

i am personaly found bromlycma policies really good and easy understanding i was so happy when i found them i was like you worried and do know what to do
    i am pre-registered also , i printed some of them so i can mended them to my provison don't copy them word by word , try to make them fit to ur childminding thoughts and house
    don't worry to much
    good luck

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Laura,

I was like you the other day, it literally took me all day to write my H&S policy and only a little idea of where to start. I couldn't access the Bromley policies as my computer wouldn't open them but I googled a few different ones to get the idea, I work in a nursery so adapted a couple of those and looked at each feature of my house and made the policy my own. I am so proud of myself having done it, I keep getting it out and reading it. If NCMA were to make policies public, everyone and anyone would be able to copy it, and won't have thought about how they would make their home and business safe by themselves. How are you getting on now? Is there anything you are particularly stuck on?