Learning Journal
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning Journal

Hi Guys, please could someone let me no, do obs ass and planning all go into the learning jounal is this what makes up the journal? I have bought a journal from ncma but think i will use this as a contact book between myself and parents to record child daily activitis, food etc, and Get a ring binder folder for the journal. Sorry i have read so much i keep confusing myself with info. THANKS GUYS.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Learning Journal

I use a ring binder for my learning journals and yes, all my obs, assessments and individual planning for each child goes in their learning journey together with photographs, pieces of their work, any information from parents, other settings etc.

I have a daily diary shared with parents which has details (briefly) of what we've done, what they've eaten, slept etc.

HTH's

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

june 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou so much, was beginning to over complicate things. Could i ask also, I have my first mindee starting 1st dec have put together a getting to no you form for parent to complete asking for there childs milstones abilitys likes dislikes etc. Do you think if i link these different milstones to the 6 eyfs areas it can be used as there starting point.

Sorry for all the questions. and thanks again for your help.

Babyboos.xx

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be using ring binders too. It makes it easier to add anything you want in there, like observations, photos, some art work etc. Good luck!

xx

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I use a ring binder for my learning journals and yes, all my obs, assessments and individual planning for each child goes in their learning journey together with photographs, pieces of their work, any information from parents, other settings etc.

I have a daily diary shared with parents which has details (briefly) of what we've done, what they've eaten, slept etc.

HTH's

Miffy xx
    I do the same as Miffy

Penny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboos View Post
    Thankyou so much, was beginning to over complicate things. Could i ask also, I have my first mindee starting 1st dec have put together a getting to no you form for parent to complete asking for there childs milstones abilitys likes dislikes etc. Do you think if i link these different milstones to the 6 eyfs areas it can be used as there starting point.

Sorry for all the questions. and thanks again for your help.

Babyboos.xx
    I also get parents to complete a booklet about their child, I use the information as my starting point in learning about their child. I don't link it to the 6 areas but there's no reason you couldn't.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I also get parents to complete a booklet about their child, I use the information as my starting point in learning about their child. I don't link it to the 6 areas but there's no reason you couldn't.

Miffy xx
    Sorry to bud in, but do you keep the journal and the 'all about me' booklet seperate or in the same ring binder?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trine View Post
    Sorry to bud in, but do you keep the journal and the 'all about me' booklet seperate or in the same ring binder?
    In the same ring binder

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent I was going to get a obs book but looking like a ring binder would better.

Thanks for the input Miffy

nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

where do you get an 'all about me' booklet? I have like no idea where to start!

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend the bromley childminding group for all sorts of help on policies and RA's etc they can be a useful starting point

Allie

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just made my own with some clip art illustrations etc to make it look ok

I ask things like their routine, fave toys, how they seperate from main carer, fave foods, activites they enjoy at home, activities they enjoy at any other settings, who is important in their life etc

Some parents really fill it in and make it a lovely addition to the childs journal, others I find give one word answers!