Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: keeping records

Registered Childminder since
    oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile keeping records

Hi All

Just wondered what your thoughts are on the following and Im trying to cut down on all the paperwork I have regarding prescent and former clients I know we have to keep the records for a certain amount of time but I wonder would it be ok to scan all the documents onto the pc in locked files and of course a back up file ??

look forward to your comments

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: keeping records

Thinking as I type here, as far as Ofsted are concerned it's 3 years for most documents.

The 21 years 6 months (NCMA) or until the child is 21 (Morton Michel) is for insurance purposes.

I'd give your insurance company a ring and check with them!

Please let us know what they say

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

All accident records that you have must be kept until the child is 21, so if they want to claim compensation they can :-)

Post Thanks / Like

If storing information on a computer, the ICO's has produced guidance as follows:

* Install a firewall and virus checking on your computers.
    * Consider upgrading your operating system
    * Protect your computer by downloading the latest patches or security updates, which should cover vulnerabilities
    * Only allow any staff you have access to the information they need to do their job and don’t let them share passwords
    * Encrypt any personal information held electronically if it will cause damage or distress if it is lost or stolen
    * Take regular back ups of the information on your computer system and keep them in a separate place so that if you lose your computers, you don’t lose the information
    * Don’t dispose of old computers until all the personal information on them has been securely removed (by using technology or destroying the hard disk)
    * Consider installing anti-spyware. This protects against software that can be secretly installed on your computers. It can monitor use, look for private information or even give someone else control of your computer.

Hope this is helpful.

oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Thinking as I type here, as far as Ofsted are concerned it's 3 years for most documents.

The 21 years 6 months (NCMA) or until the child is 21 (Morton Michel) is for insurance purposes.

I'd give your insurance company a ring and check with them!

Please let us know what they say
    Hi all just to update my insurance are ok with keeping records this way but still waiting on mrs O to comeback to me.