Just needed in school hols - what contract??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just needed in school hols - what contract??

I will be looking after two boys aged 8 & 9 every school holiday for the foreseeable future, what I need to know is what contract do I need to set up? Do I do a normal contract and let that cover all holidays, one contract for each holiday, short-term contract????

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just needed in school hols - what contract??

I just use a normal contract, put hours as they would be, but in the notes put school holiday cover only dates to be provided each september. I attach a copy of the email dad sends me with the holidays on to the contract (staple it to the back).

Im sure this way is ok.
    Sarah

Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sfox2003 View Post
    I just use a normal contract, put hours as they would be, but in the notes put school holiday cover only dates to be provided each september. I attach a copy of the email dad sends me with the holidays on to the contract (staple it to the back).

Im sure this way is ok.
    Excellent thank you!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use a standard contract stating the usual hours too. However, I also say that all state school holidays must be used or a half fee retainer paid. Otherwise you could find you are holding those places and they may only use a few days.

I always give plenty of notice ( a year usually ) of my holidays if taken in school hols.

Aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i had holiday cover, I just used a normal contract. A piece of advice though (as sibling came to me all the time as he was only 2) to save mum doubling up on fees in the holidays we worked out the average over the year, so she just paid me a small amount each week to cover it. DO NOT DO THIS! when our contact ended half way through the year it turned out i had looked after him more than she had paid me, so she owed me money, which made this less amicable than they may have been otherwise.
    Live & let live