Where to start???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to start???

Hi I could do with some advise on where to start with writing policies and procedures. I have sent of my OFSTED forms and want to get started but dont know where to begin....is there any templates etc to help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where to start???

Hi,

Look on the Bromley website, they have a policy for everything. Just down forget to incorporate your own things into it as OFSTED know those policies inside and out!

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policie...rocedures.html

Hope this helps!

Tammy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tammy's link is a good one... there are also some sample policies and procedures in the Morton Michel starter box / on the NCMA website depending on which you have.

I would suggest reading through the statutory requirements of the Eyfs and if you think there's something about which you want to comment... there's your policy.

Here are the statutory ones...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=45805

Let us know how you are getting on and come back if you need more help!

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for your replies..a very nice sounding lady from Ofsted rang me this morning to say she will be coming to see me next Monday so super quick! I only sent my first lot of forms back a week ago!!!

I havn't applied for my insurance yet as wasn't sure if you could before registration. Should I get it sorted with a start date of say 1st October and then make it earlier if crb's come back quicker?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can't get insurance until you are registered so don't worry about that yet!

Just be aware you need to buy it, plus change insurance on your car and make sure your home insurance covers you

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    You can't get insurance until you are registered so don't worry about that yet!

Just be aware you need to buy it, plus change insurance on your car and make sure your home insurance covers you
    Sarah you are a super helpful lady!! You answered everything in this post that I would have asked so thank you!!xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaL View Post

I havn't applied for my insurance yet as wasn't sure if you could before registration. Should I get it sorted with a start date of say 1st October and then make it earlier if crb's come back quicker?
    Sarah's right you can't get your insurance until you're registered but there is not much point in getting your insurance sorted until you have some mindees lined up. Some newly registered childminders have had to wait a few months for mindees to come along - there's no point paying for insurance until you need it.

Good luck with your pre-reg visit

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!