Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Checklist, can you double check?

Okay. Filled out my application for OFSTED, not sent it off yet as I want to make sure everything is completely in place before it reaches the mailbox. So here is what I have in total or have done:

Sorted all the toys out and put them into boxes to keep them all together, checked all toys for choking hazards or anything that will cause harm, cleaned all toys proplery. I also have seperated and sorted toys by age.
    Risk assessments of the shops, gardens, walking, the park across the road and the rooms in my house I'll be using for childminding. Put up all my daughter's pictures from school, makes it look a bit pretty
    Safety locks on all my cupboards, and doors (had a pantry type in the kitchen). Printed off and laminated labels along iwth pictures for things, e.g. picture of toilet saying "toilet" on the toilet door and whatnot, danger HOT for cooker etc etc. I've done a yearly plan for 2011, stating what areas I'll cover with the children and celebrations from different cultures. I have also compelted a folder of activities, information, pictures, fabrics, recipes for each holiday.
    Done my portfolio which contains my PDP, A little about me, certificates, insurance, procedures and policies, permission and consent forms, emergency plan, floor plan of my house pointing out the emergency exits, fire blanket, fire servce fitted my smoke detectors recently, child record form, daily routine, sample menu, infectious diseases list.

I've just ordered contracts from NCMA and awaiting my brochures/business cards from VistaPrint. Is there anything else I need to have or have in place before sending off my application?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Checklist, can you double check?

Send off your application!!

It sounds like you have it all under control

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

the last thing you need is a glass of wine after the walk to the post office!!!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Will send it off first thing tomorrow!!

Thanks guys

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Your far more organised than I was when I sent my form off. Didn't even have half that in place when I had my actual pre-reg inspection!!! I just told ofsted what I would do and they were fine with that!

Relax, enjoy a nice glass of wine and feel content that your about as ready as you can be!