Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Emergency paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by hannahemilie View Post
    Do we have to take this paperwork out with us? so much i dont know yet........sigh
    My inspector told me it should be taken out with me in case of emergency on outings.

Hth

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have just had a very upset minder on the phone.

During her recent inspection the inspector looked at her emergency paperwork.

I am talking about the document we take out of the house and keep with us to allow us to request emergency medical help on behalf of a child.

Her document was headed 'Permission to request emergency medical help for a child'.

The inspector said it should say 'permission to request emergency medical advice and help for a child' and marked her inadequate for keeping children safe.

I have checked and this is what it says in the Eyfs so she has got it wrong... but I bet a lot of others have as well.

Be warned!

Oh my goodness !!!

A bit harsh dont you think !

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspector told me it should be taken out with me in case of emergency on outings.

Hth
    thanks Sarah! do you have any idea what details need to go on this form?

that poor childminder! sounds very harsh, am scared now

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

'permission to request emergency medical advice and help for a child'

Can someone tell me if this also has to go on the cards we carry with us?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sazhazey View Post
    'permission to request emergency medical advice and help for a child'

Can someone tell me if this also has to go on the cards we carry with us?
    It's a statutory requirement that we use that wording... so I suppose yes it's best.

I have just photocopied my emergency forms and take those with me in a folder.

I have cards as well but they are for outings when I don't have my bag with me, like school run with older ones.

Hth

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah updated my paperwork

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

That is ridiculous, she is NOT inadequate, and surely seeking advice is actually getting help, all be it verbal help. I'd be appealing too, I think the inspector is being petty, in no way was she putting a child at risk, I'm really glad I'm in Scotland!
    Ali xx

apr2000
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good/outstan
    Post Thanks / Like

Help I'm confused. I don't have emergency paperwork just normal permissions from parents for 'consent form for medication' and in case of emergency, I am authorised to take child to hospital to be seen by medical personnel or to seek advice form medical staff.

Is this the same thing?

I don't carry this around with me?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn01 View Post
    Help I'm confused. I don't have emergency paperwork just normal permissions from parents for 'consent form for medication' and in case of emergency, I am authorised to take child to hospital to be seen by medical personnel or to seek advice form medical staff.

Is this the same thing?

I don't carry this around with me?
    That sounds like the same thing.

So long as it says you can seek emergency advice or treatment for the child then you are meeting the requirements.

As for taking it on outings... what would happen if you were injured and unable to talk for the child?

Think about how emergency services would know who to ring and which child might have an inhaler or who might need medical help.

I simply photocopy my forms and take them in my outings bag.

They are then risk assessed and I talk about what would happen if I lost my bag.

Hth

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to double check what info I have and either photocopy what the parents have filled in or do something additional.

I get confused about what info I am allowed to carry and what should be kept more confidential.

Other than the child's name, emergency telephone numbers and the sentence/signature mentioned in the O/P, what other things should I/can I have? Eg, should I have their D.O.B or address?

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Bumping!
    Blaze x

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

What do people write in their evacuation sheet? I understand we need to have regular practices with the children but I am not sure what to include in the form...any ideas?

Also, do we need to have the parents signature on the emergency cards or can we just carry the permission forms saying about seeking advice/treatment?

Ta!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I have just changed mine
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a statutory requirement that we use that wording... so I suppose yes it's best.

I have just photocopied my emergency forms and take those with me in a folder.

I have cards as well but they are for outings when I don't have my bag with me, like school run with older ones.

Hth
    But a statutory requirements is not a legal requirement so how can she be marked down?

I was told that statutory was just that and although recommended is not compulsory. Legal requirements however is?
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    But a statutory requirements is not a legal requirement so how can she be marked down?

I was told that statutory was just that and although recommended is not compulsory. Legal requirements however is?
    I am just the messenger.

If I didn't pass on info like this then I wouldn't be doing my job properly.

the whys and wherefores are well beyond my understanding

June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have made some today with my emergency details

Childs cards have photo and Permission to request emergency medical advice & help... Signature from parent
    name dob
    emergency contacts
    medication
    allergies
    Doctor
    Any other notes

Have included photo and put full name

Is that everything? will that be ok I am prob being inspected soon

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I get my parents to fill the form in twice....one copy for the child's file and one to carry out and about with me to show parents. Only cos my DCO once told me that ofsted dont like photocopies in the folders and legally a photocopy is not allowed to be used when at a hospital!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maisiemog View Post
    I get my parents to fill the form in twice....one copy for the child's file and one to carry out and about with me to show parents. Only cos my DCO once told me that ofsted dont like photocopies in the folders and legally a photocopy is not allowed to be used when at a hospital!
    Oh crikey I didn't know that... it's not something my paramedic friend has ever said.

She just said we don't take any notice of the forms anyway we save the child and wait for the parents

I will put the original in the outings file then and keep the photocopy here.

After all I will always have the outings file in the house

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maisiemog View Post

I carry a mini photo album with me. It has all the permissions signed by parents, the childs details including the days and times they are normally in my care. It also has a photo of me and my children with my emergency contact details for me and the school and contact deatils for my children. .

I carry this with photos because without if there was an accident or incident then we can all be identified and the correct people contacted. Also if there was a loss child situation while we were out I have a photo of the child with me, which could be very helpful. Ofsted loved it when they last inspected me.

The fact with the hospital is in reality they aren't interested in any permissions we may have from the parents or if they are originals. If you think about it, have you signed such detailed permissions for school? Would school take any paperwork to hospital if your child had to go? No.

The hospital will treat the child according to their injuries or condition and do their best to contact the next of kin. They will ask for contact numbers they may ask about allergies, but our permission forms in these circumstance have no legal standing whatsoever they will only speak to the childs parent or legal guardian.

The reason we have to have them is to cover our own backs from sueing parents who may decide afterwards that we should not have taken their child to hospital or sort medical help or advise.

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I'm confused now as well! I think I did read somewhere that we don't have to take it with us? Not sure if that is right?

Just rereading this whole post and love the idea of taking a mini photo album with pictures and all the info!! Thanks loads for that!! I think it's a fab idea and as you say a brilliant one if on a very sad day I lose a child.

I love this place, it's so full of great advice!!

Thanks, love Claire X x X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12