Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have i covered everything.

Morning...

Ofsted granted my revision to provide overnight care within one week
    was stunned.

I have done my policy for overnight care and a risk assessments, i have also done a paent question form so to get as much info as possible off them when i take a child overnight.

Have i covered everything ?

A child is starting today who wants this overnight care amongst days lates etc she is a shift worker.

I could not for the life of me work out a good price as she takes up my last full time spot but her shifts are all over the place. so i set a fee of £4 an hour and she is contracted to a minimum of 20 hrs a week.

I have not put any extra chareg down like night time etc as tbh at £4 an hour it covers it as she would come to me at 9.30pm and not be collected/dropped off until 3pm the following. which would be about £68 so i felt that would be fine and didnt want to be greedy as when she does nights it is for a set of 3.

I only have 3 on my bks atm, 1-3 days a week. 1- 1 afternoon a week and then this one so tbh this one does take up alot of my time etc but i feel its worth it and the mum is mega stuck.

What do u all think...anything i need to cover before she arrives. xx

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Have i covered everything.

Sorry can't help Didn't want to read and run

Penny1959 Guest

I do very similar - except I take child to own home once other mindees gone home.Think you have covered everything - just one little point - have you got reliable emergency cover as of course most people will be in bed and asleep.

Price seems fair to me and not much different to what I charge.

Penny

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thks, i havnt at the mo, my mentor is brill. but the childs mother has a few faimly options which can stand in and she only works down the road so i feel it can be covered.

My friend is in the process of registering so that will be good but for the immediate futureits just me. Any advice on that would be good as my first inspection should happen about jan/feb 2011.

Penny1959 Guest

Mothers friends a good option - just make sure you have their names and phone numbers (and thier permission to be phoned at anti social times) maybe you could do form for mother to get friends to fill in and sign. Once returned I would just give them a quick call to introduce yourself - as you will then feel a bit better if do have to ring them in middle of night.

I am lucky as my husband is my back up (our kids all grown up - so he can help out in middle of night) just as well as in my case the mother does not have any family in this country and only a couple of friends who live too far away to be emergency back up.

Send me a private message if want any further help with this - as I may not think to check this link.

Penny