Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to Go

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Time to Go

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    That is difficult isn't it.

I would start blocking her at the door and not letting her in.....hopefully she will get the message soon!
    I am just imagining you barricading the door Dee I do this too. I open the front door which allows them access to my small porch. I then strategically place myself in the doorway to the hall so they can't get any further. They keep coming back so they musn't be too offended!

amanda xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I am just imagining you barricading the door Dee I do this too. I open the front door which allows them access to my small porch. I then strategically place myself in the doorway to the hall so they can't get any further. They keep coming back so they musn't be too offended!

amanda xx

I do not much can get past me

I am lucky that I have like an overhang over my front door which allows them to step out of bad weather but doesn't actually let them inside the front door iyswim.

I think it works well.....obviously if a parent wants to talk to me about anything serious or has any problems I invite them in and get them to sit down but i don't encourage it for general chit chat!
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i had a mindee who came into my house with wellingtons on full off mud his house was a tip. so from then on i know what time parents are due and have their coats and shoes on ready they dont come into the house i speak to them in the porch they dont stop very long i now its hard but they dont hang about...

veronicaxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had this before and mum tends to arrive at the same time.

I resorted to having coat and shoes on with the bag just behind me to pass over, this way mum did not get through the door. Have the front door locked so they cannot walk in and if you are not ready, let them wait.

Another tactic is for you to be ready to walk out the door with your car keys in your hand - you may only be going into your garage but mum won't know that.

Keep at it and they will get the hint.

Its nearly the end of the week

Debbie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123