Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    01/2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When to sign contracts

I have had a couple of people come today who want to sign up for September, do you all tend to do the contract now or would you wait till nearer the time.
    Also what to charge for a retainer?
    Any advice welcome, I have always had contracts signed straight away because the children were due to start in a couple of weeks, not months in advance!
    Nicky xx

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: When to sign contracts

I would get everything signed now. As regards to a retainer, thats up to you. I havent charged deposit or retainer for any of mine but i think that is because i am just starting out but for all future ones and if they arn't starting more or less straight away then i will be charging a non refundable deposit to secure the place. I cant bring myself to charge a retainer, wish i could though and should do really becasue afetr all it is my business and i am the one who could potentially loosing out on earnings until they start. So it is up to you. I think most retainers are no more than 50% of the cost from now until the start but again it is up to, it is your business .

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont charge and not long ago signed up a mindee whos not starting till june ( now not starting till july) so wish i had charged a deposit.. she still wants me to have lo just put the start date back a month..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd get contracts signed now with a 2 wk deposit to be taken off their final invoice. I might also ask for 3rd fees retainer to hold the place as you could be turning people away between now and sep! HTH