Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Buying documents from Ebay

Hi Good evening everyone,
    I recently got my Ofsted Certificate through and I am starting my first mindee after Easter. I have got most forms but I have been looking on Ebay at some of the forms and books for sale. Has anyone any experience of buying from ebay.... Any help or recommendations.
    Getting very excited about it now. I have been waiting so long for my certificate, cant believe Im actually starting.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Buying documents from Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by sandragib View Post
    Hi Good evening everyone,
    I recently got my Ofsted Certificate through and I am starting my first mindee after Easter. I have got most forms but I have been looking on Ebay at some of the forms and books for sale. Has anyone any experience of buying from ebay.... Any help or recommendations.
    Getting very excited about it now. I have been waiting so long for my certificate, cant believe Im actually starting.
    We have a Forum Friend who sells lots of useful items both from her Shop and on eBay:

http://childmindingresourceshop.co.uk/

Might be useful for you.

Beware of buying on eBay from some sellers though, as sometimes things are just copies of other people's work. I have found my stuff for sale on there and so have some other members.
    Pauline x

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

i got a policy thing off eBay before i was registered to get ideas and it was basically what you can get free on mm be careful if only i was a member here then
    shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be careful I bought something from there and found the same thing for free on Bromley Im sure there are some honest people on there and hopefully some people will be along to tell you of some good sellers
    Now the fun begins

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    We have a Forum Friend who sells lots of useful items both from her Shop and on eBay:

http://childmindingresourceshop.co.uk/

Might be useful for you.

Beware of buying on eBay from some sellers though, as sometimes things are just copies of other people's work. I have found my stuff for sale on there and so have some other members.
    how rude? did you say anything to them? grrr
    Jennie x x

Post Thanks / Like

I would say....ask on here first!!!!

There's a good chance that most of the official paperwork you need (policies, risk assessments etc) are available free on sites like the Bromley website.

Pipsqueak Guest

Please do not waste your money on buying 'pre-done' materials like policies, risk assessments etc.
    You are an individual setting and therefore all your paperwork needs to be individual and unique to you.
    you can find good, free templates on here, Bromley, NCMA websites.
    there is TONS of FREE advice and support on here too

there are members on here who sell stuff regarding guidance for all aspects of childminding.

Buying pre-done stuff is a waste of money. Sure get your contracts and child record forms from ebay (do you not get the start up grant) but the majority of stuff after that is probably a false economy.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mookins View Post
    how rude? did you say anything to them? grrr

Ooooooh yes, we had words and they were removed. They even still had my copyright on the bottom Worse still it was stuff I was giving away on here for FREE
    Pauline x

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Ooooooh yes, we had words and they were removed. They even still had my copyright on the bottom Worse still it was stuff I was giving away on here for FREE
    thats disgraceful....did you reposrt to ebay? they can get booted off for things like that

i dont have anything to do with ebay anymore...great for bargains but we got linked so many times with fraudulent use we steer well clear now

x x x
    Jennie x x

June 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't buy it because when I had my inspection one of the things the inspector loved about my setting was the fact I'd done all my own paperwork from scratch and it was all relevant to my setting.

She actually said they thought it was appalling when CMs just go and buy their paperwork from ebay and it has nothing to do with their setting at all. She said you can always tell...
    (not meant to be offensive to anybody who has bought stuff from ebay, just pointing out my experience and trying to help a newbie)

Like others have said, take a look at the Bromley website (just type Bromley CMA into google) or have a look in the free downloads (or even just ask here) and adjust what you find to fit your own setting.

xx

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

The NCMA website and Bromley site offer lots of templates and are great for starting up.

Other than that I would recommend the Childminding resource shop that I think someone above mentioned. It's run by a forum member and has loads of good quality, really helpful resources.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

And Sarah707, her e-books are brilliant!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by green puppy View Post
    And Sarah707, her e-books are brilliant!
    Awww thank you green puppy that's very kind of you!

If there are subjects people want me to cover that I haven't done yet I am always happy to have a look at them as well!