Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pet Policy

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pet Policy

Hi there, me again!!

Just starting to attempt writing policies up and I notice that a lot of you have used the Bromley website for guidance. My first policy will be my Pet Policy, so have looked at the Bromley one for wording and there is not that much I could or would change .... is this classed as copying ?? Am I allowed??

July 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Pet Policy

Yes you can use their policies. Their policies are numerous - just change bits to suit your own setting. Even us Scots up here go on to Bromleys for information!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pet Policy

you can just use it , but i always try and make it more personal to my setting - i expanded on the pet one to include details of where my own dog has access etc. They policies on bromley are just ones written by childminders in the area who were happy to share so are no more 'right' than any others- but do form a great starting point.

Apr 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pet Policy

It goes without saying that you shouldn't sell them on to others etc, but its quite ok to use their policies exactly as they've worded them if it matches what you do and believe.

The main reason people are advised to change them is because some poor souls have printed them all out and presented them happily to Ofsted without reading & understanding them first ie, the policies didn't match what they do in practice!

Add today's date at the bottom and a Date of Review (eg 12 months from now).