Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Cleaning Schedules??

Hi,

I'm spending the morning working on all my paperwork today. I've got quite a good list of things I need to include thanks to all the info on here. My question in about cleaning schedules. Do I need to include all the everyday cleaning that I'm going to be doing anyway such as hoovering and wiping work surfaces or is it the big jobs like the fridge and pulling sofas out that I need to include??

I'm finding it quite hard to actually write a schedule for the cleaning as I tend to just do what needs doing when it needs doing at the moment. I work my way from messiest to cleanest room. As you can probably tell I'm not the most organised person so I think I'm in for a difficult few months when I first start minding!

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cleaning Schedules??

I don't have one but am considering more of an rota for cleaning the dressing up clothes, sorting out the toy boxes that sort of thing. You could list the daily stuff but I'm not going to as like you I do what needs doing as it needs doing.
    Paula

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Cleaning Schedules??

I havent got one either. I do what needs doing when it needs doing and Ive got time. Its taking me all my time to get on top of necc. paperwork without making more for myself. Risk assessments cover whether things / places are safe , clean etc so thats enough i hope! Maybe someone more experienced may say otherwise though!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel the need to have a cleaning schedule Remember that you don't need to do everything that's mentioned on here as we are all different and need to do what works best for us

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one on my fridge with tick boxes (i think i got it from sarahs website then changed it to fit in with my house) ofsted loved that when they came and said it was a good way of not forgetting and parents know youve been keeping things clean. Im so forgetful im always thinking when did i last pull the fridge out? Did i clean the cooker wednesday or friday? so its really handy for me!
    Ready, set, GROW!!

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't have a cleaning schedule, just a policy which includes hygiene issues: food preparation, nappy changing etc And a safeguarding policy which includes checking for broken toys etc. dirty ones are put aside to be sorted as and when they 'occur' .
    More than this I think could backfire and wouldn't want to provide an opportunity, for instance, so that say someone gives notice for personal reasons but uses the fact that I didn't get to the hoovering last tuesday as a valid reason not to pay notice... maybe I'm getting suspicious in my old age

bws,
    Wendy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont have one but my 2yr old mindee has just gone looking for a stray marble in the kitchen (we've been marble rolling spiders webs) and come back and told me in no uncertain terms how its all dirty under my washing machine and I have to pull it out and clean it so perhaps I should write one

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

i dont have one for everyday cleaning, i have a daily tick list i do before the children arrive and it has funiture, equipment etc on it, but on my risk assesment i have things like cleaning the toys, sterilizing (sp) them, washing dressing up clothes.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a rota for cleaning as it would just be a tick list for the sake of having a list.

All my cleaning details are listed in my policy
    Debbie

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got picked up by my EYSO for not having a tickchart for cleaning schedule so have bought some 50p notebooks to keep in each room with a code for all the different cleaning jobs and I put the date and the number in to show that I am doing it, she wouldn't accept my laminated wipeable tick list

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

My response to her would have been.... And who made you Queen of the world?????

Sorry i'm being a rebel today!

bexcee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miss mopple View Post
    I dont have one but my 2yr old mindee has just gone looking for a stray marble in the kitchen (we've been marble rolling spiders webs) and come back and told me in no uncertain terms how its all dirty under my washing machine and I have to pull it out and clean it so perhaps I should write one
    lol how cheeky!!