How to do contracts with unknown hours??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aly Guest

Default How to do contracts with unknown hours??

ok this person that came yesterday and the whole process seems positive.

She wants to bring her lo next week to see how we get on [she is 5 months at mo] then maybe do some settling in if all goes well.

Now She wants the place for September. She has just moved. Still with the same company but different area[nhs] anyway she starts in sept. 11 weeks at first will be training so thats ok then it will be shifts...which im ok with and explained we will do set days and under she still pays over and she pays on top.

But...............

What if she wants to do contracts now and not actually knowing what days the training will be and hours yet???

I understand I will have to renew contracts after the training because her situation with work will change etc.

So how would you do the contracts with not yet knowing working hours/days yet?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to do contracts with unknown hours??

I presume she knows the hours she will be needing for the 11 weeks? If so I would do a contract based on that and put the review date for the end of the 11 weeks. I would then reassess based on what she wants for her shift work

aly Guest

Default Re: How to do contracts with unknown hours??

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I presume she knows the hours she will be needing for the 11 weeks? If so I would do a contract based on that and put the review date for the end of the 11 weeks. I would then reassess based on what she wants for her shift work
    She doesn't know yet but said she would give notice a few weeks before.

this is all confusing with shift workers!!lolo