HELP what is a charter task 6
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP what is a charter task 6

Hello Task 6 asking for me to design a charter but what is a charter? thanks you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have no idea!!

What is the full question please?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have no idea!!

What is the full question please?
    Produce a charter for parents/carers which include the following:

an explanation of the importance of partnership with parents for all aspects of the childrcare service.

A description of how partnership with parents are set up and maintained

an explanation of how routines are based on:

meeting a childs needs
    agreements with parents
    participation of children

an explanation of how routines woould be adapted to meet the needs of children at different ages and stages of development

an explanation of how to ensure that each child is welcomed and valued in the home based work setting.

I could write about it like a normal task but its asking me to design a charter but have no idea what a charter is??? thank you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it's more like a policy and procedure or a commitment that you write to explain to parents how you work.

So instead of writing an essay you are writing with parents in mind and stating how you will meet their child's needs, take their feelings into consideration and ensure their child learns and develops through consistent routines while with you.

You could discuss how your individual planning will be based on observations of the child's likes, dislikes, current interests and learning styles and comments from parents and how your group planning meets the child's individual needs because you write it with their interests in mind.

Hth

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I think it's more like a policy and procedure or a commitment that you write to explain to parents how you work.

So instead of writing an essay you are writing with parents in mind and stating how you will meet their child's needs, take their feelings into consideration and ensure their child learns and develops through consistent routines while with you.

You could discuss how your individual planning will be based on observations of the child's likes, dislikes, current interests and learning styles and comments from parents and how your group planning meets the child's individual needs because you write it with their interests in mind.

Hth
    thank you, but its asking for a charter, so must have a charter out lay but im not sure how to write it ???

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larlinlisa View Post
    thank you, but its asking for a charter, so must have a charter out lay but im not sure how to write it ???
    What qualification is this linked to? You may find if its one designed for Early Years settings that although it says 'Charter' because that isn't the way cms do it would it not be aceptable for you to produce the information in a format suitable for your setting?

I am doing the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Poeple's Workforce at the moment. Although it is supposed to be suitable for all childcare professionals it is not worded to include childminding, so we have to bear that in mind when doing assignments and apply the wording to our settings. Hope that makes sense?

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

hi lovey that is for the unit 3 setting up homebased childcare isan't it? i have done that in decemeber and passed it! would you like some help could email you advice?

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    training childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP PLEASE I HAVNT GOT A CLUE LOL:
    REGARDS MIDGETJEN

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile task 6 charter

Quote Originally Posted by mrssully View Post
    hi lovey that is for the unit 3 setting up homebased childcare isan't it? i have done that in decemeber and passed it! would you like some help could email you advice?
    Hi i am also wondering what a charter is would you be able to explain for me thankyou

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I did this task, i did like an info booklet laid out with pics and info. I passed it so must have been ok, I also thought what the hell is a charter

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Task 6

Any help would be helpful
    Level 3 home base childcare service

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the content NOT the lay out that they are interested in As Sarah pointed out it should be directed at the parents rather than an essay format.

HTH.

PS I've just had mine sent back as I forgot to mention how I would set up the partnership with parents I did lots about maintaining the relationship!

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xshellbellex View Post
    I did this task, i did like an info booklet laid out with pics and info. I passed it so must have been ok, I also thought what the hell is a charter
    I also did an information booklet type thing with pictures, sub headings and easy to understand information, I handed it in in January and haven't heard anything yet, no news is good news!!!!