Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confidentiality Policy and in the event of an emergency

I know that we have to keep information about children confidential etc, but am just trying to tweak my confidentiality policy so that I can state that I do carry child's name, dob, permission to get emergency medical treatment and thier parent's emergency contact details in a little ICE album that I shall carry in my bag, as well as another in my car.

These are obviously kept private, but could be stolen from me .... how do I go about wording this ?

Or am I just going over the top ...

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Confidentiality Policy and in the event of an emergency

I do the same as you are suggesting. I have a little album with info and a signed sheet for permission to seek medical care and a photo. As my parents have signed the small permission slip and have seen the album and know why I carry it I consider they have consented to it.

I only have one though which I take everywhere when i am out. It goes in my pocket with my phone even when I pop over to school (a 3 min walk from my house!). I would therefore never leave it in the car and I wouldn't need another copy in the car.

All you can do is minimise the risk and weigh it up against the benifit of having the info in an emergency or having it stolen or lost when you are out.

I don't want to tempt fate, but I have been minding for 15yrs now and have carried this kind of info in one form or another all that time without mishap.

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same .. I carry cards with me that parents have signed and parents know I carry them. They are carried in a hop bag that goes everywhere with me never left in the car or in a buggy.

I've not managed to lose my hip bag but have lsot a handbag before hense the hip bag.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I am terrible about remembering to take things with me.

I am always forgetting to take my mobile phone, and seriously need to get into the habit, which is why I wanted to have two copies of the book.

But in essence, as long as I say in my policy that I have these books, then I should be okay ?

I mean, my house could be broken into and my locked away confidential papers taken just as easily ...