What do i do for a term time only contract who is going to be full time every holiday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do i do for a term time only contract who is going to be full time every holiday

Hiya

Sorry if this has been asked before, i couldnt find the thread.

I have a 5yr old starting in April after school only during term time and then when the holidays are on and another in the pipeline for before and after school and holidays they'll both be full time. How do you do the contracts for that situation? I use NCMA contracts.

Thanks in advance

Leanne xx

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do i do for a term time only contract who is going to be full time every holiday

I would say two contracts, one for Term Time and One for Holidays.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do i do for a term time only contract who is going to be full time every holiday

Oh ok,

Also I wouldn't need to request a retainer for the holiday periods would I, as one set of parents have stressed that the son will be with me every holiday time without fail. So the place has been taken by him. IYKWIM

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use one contract. Just out in the notes section that during the holidays care will be 8am to 6pm or whatever the hours will be.

You can not charge a retainer as you are not retaining anything. The child is taking up a space that you cant fill anyway as all children in that age group will be at school. You charge in full for all holidays though, regardless of if they come or not as they have asked you to reserve the space.

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, mis read your post!

No, you wont need a retianer if they are coming to you in the holidays.

If they only want a term time contract then I charge a 50% retainer for the holiday time.

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I use one contract only too. I just make a note in the extra section hours attending in the term time and hours attending in holiday time.
    Helen xXx

feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would use one contract for both, and state it in the notes section and the parents to sign it.

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

State it in the notes section then it is.

Great, thanks ladies it had been bothering me for a few days now.

xx