Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Pipsqueak Guest

Default Reviving an old thread as we need a laugh

Yes here it is ladies and gents..... the one and only

fabulous

Breathing Policy by the brilliant Pauline

If your child breathes I will ensure that the air around him/her is clean and free from dirt.

If your child arrives having breathed dirty air you will be required to sign an 'exisiting contamination form'

Children will be encouraged to breathe at all times

If your child refuses to breathe I will have to notify Ofsted and you must collect them immediately

I must ensure that all breathing meets the national standards, therefore we will practice breathing at all minutes of the day.

Please discuss breathing with your child and encourage them to breathe while in my care

Coughs will be considered acceptable forms of breathing, however you must sign a form to say that you will allow this

You must also sign a parental permission for that allows me to let your child breathe during his/her time in my care

This is my breathing procedure: in, out, in, out, in, out

Thank your for your understanding.

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: Reviving an old thread as we need a laugh

oooh just realised Pauline - this policy of yours hasn't been updated to EYFS - it still states national standards tsk tsk

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this out at a policy writing workshop in Redhill in surrey. That is how Twinkles and i got to know Blaze as she jumped up and said " i know who wrote that she is on the childminding forum"

The rest is history
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah , so who are we blaming Pauline or Tasha ?

Pipsqueak Guest

It really is still so poignant isn't it. It brings a tear to the eye (of laughter)

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm like teflon..nothing sticks!
    Blaze x

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

What do we do if they get hiccups? Think you need to cover this and link into EYFS

If I observe a child breathing what would be their next step?
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wondered where this one had got to!

Thank you for the morning giggle

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    What do we do if they get hiccups? Think you need to cover this and link into EYFS

If I observe a child breathing what would be their next step?
    Gosh there are so many next steps...... moving, passing wind, filling their nappy, producing candlestick snot and, not forgetting, coughing and sneezing in your face as you strap them into the pram.
    Annie x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you planned for breathing? And what if a child chooses not to breathe? Aren't we meant to be following their interests instead of being too prescriptive?
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points - leave it with me, I'll be back
    Pauline x

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tatia View Post
    Have you planned for breathing? And what if a child chooses not to breathe? Aren't we meant to be following their interests instead of being too prescriptive?
    Ahh but wouldn't this be considered a Welfare Requirement??? Whilst we have to be child-led we do have to consider the implications - I do hope Pauline has risk assessed her air as well

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I take your point, Pip. Perhaps we need training to help us decide what percentage of breathing should be child-led and what percentage should be adult-initiated?

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG what you lot like we got EYFS on d brains lol
    its very cleaver how many other policies n procedures are hidden away like that lol wonder if parents would see the funny-side
    thanks xx

Pipsqueak Guest

I take your point, Pip. Perhaps we need training to help us decide what percentage of breathing should be child-led and what percentage should be adult-initiated?
    hmmm well I do think that initially that children will need some degree of guidance - a positive role model should do the trick. Positive Breathing or something similar.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Scaffold their breathing attempts. Find their ZPD by making them hold their breath til they pass out!

Oh stop, I feel wicked.

Pipsqueak Guest

Scaffold their breathing attempts. Find their ZPD by making them hold their breath til they pass out!

Oh stop, I feel wicked.
    PMSL thats wicked and very funny.

Do you think of it as a schema with the repetitive breathing motion of in/out in/out. Think this might cover physical development, KUW at the very least but of course the environment has to be enabling for them to be able to breathe and of course it is very unique to each child but if we support them in their learning and ensure that we have parental partnership for all of this children will learn to breath in a sensitve, individual manner that will give them good self esteem for the rest of their lives

Pipsqueak Guest

Think we are off on one!!!! lol Can't wait to see how Pauline is revising her Breathing Policy for EYFS

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Breathing Policy - Revised for EYFS

If your child breathes I will ensure that the air around him/her is clean and free from dirt and suitable to breathe. I will do this by carrying out a detailed risk assessment, every hour on the hour. Air will be checked against my current 5 point risk assessment:

1. Is the air at the correct temperature?
    2. Is the air contaminated with dust or other things? (flying insects will be exculded as they come under my Insect Risk Assessment)
    3. Is there enough air for each child and adult in the room?
    4. Would it be possible for a child to lose their air at any point? If so what action would need to be taken?

My current short term plan is to breathe as often as possible, this is also reflected within my medium and long term plans. Once your child shows interest in breathing my future plans is to encourage them to continue with regular practice.

If your child arrives having breathed dirty air you will be required to sign an 'exisiting contamination form'. These will need to be completed in triplicate. One for the file, two for the bin. (This is to comply with current Ofsted paper wasting criteria)

Children will be encouraged to breathe at all times and their experienced noted and recorded against the 6 Early Learning Goals.

If your child refuses to breathe I will have to notify Ofsted and you must collect them immediately. Again triplicate recording will be required.

I must ensure that all breathing meets the EYFS, therefore we will practice breathing at all minutes of the day.

Please discuss breathing with your child and encourage them to breathe while in my care.

Coughs and sneezes will be considered acceptable forms of breathing, however you must sign a form to say that you will allow this.

You must also sign a parental permission form that allows me to let your child breathe during his/her time in my care, failure to do so will result in me not being able to allow your child to breathe and this could be detrimental to their care. (As this will not meet the Welfare Requirements you will therefore need to confirm (in triplicate) that you want to withdrawl your child from EYFS).

This is my breathing procedure: in, out, in, out, in, out. However, if after completing regular observations I feel this doesn't meet your child's particular interests and they would prefer out, in, in out, out (or similar) I will speak to you to make other arrangements.

Thank your for your understanding.

Pauline x

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I have wet myself

MANDYGot a Tena spare?
    Annie x

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast