Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Risk assessments

I have got a very thorough risk assessment for my home, courtesy of risk assessment and fire safety training. Also have a daily safety checks list, courtesy of Sarah Nev. And I have pinched and then tweaked Bromley's general risk assessment format into 4 specific docs for my setting, beach, park, school run and the children's centre as they are the places we go on a regular basis. What am I missing? I don't take childrn to grocery store but we do often have a walk around the block or to corner shop or bakery. Should I add that? Derrr, guess I better, really. One general doc to inlcude neighbourhood jaunts? And I suppose I better knock one off for play dates at another minder's house? And here I was feeling finished. Stupid woman!

Can anyone think of any glaring ommissions?

Just remembered the duck pond!
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Risk assessments

I think you've answered your own questions

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we will be writing risk assesments through the next year. I can never remember things when I need to which is why I wanted a tick chart style risk assesment so I can quikcly do one if I need to, there and then

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to keep the format simple and they are all similar. If I go anywhere different then I have a blank format that I can complete on the day - if I decide I will go back then I will type it up and laminate it later.

I laminated them and they have become simple tick lists - I try to do the car risk assessment more regularly than the others but now it's done it stays in my car and I can run through it really quickly - then I enter it into my Risk Assessment Log book (similar to Fire drill book) and note down any findings. This way Ofsted will see how often they are done.
    Donna