Printers - which one to cope with paperwork
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Printers - which one to cope with paperwork

Hi can someone please advise me on a printer. I had a HP Officejet - all sing all dancing but had problems getting cartridges, so I returned it to Costco. The new version was £240, so I decided to buy and Epson for £60. It's great but the ink has run out in a week and going to be expensive to keep buying new cartridges. My husband wants a laser printer but colour is not cheap and I need it to do top loading copying.
    I am desperately doing my paperwork for my first inspection in 2 weeks and feel sick that I am without a printer for the second time in a week.

Many thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Printers - which one to cope with paperwork

Sorry, can't really help All I would say is that I would check out the prices of the ink cartridges before I bought another printer. I bought a HP one on offer, but have since found out like you that the ink is only lasting me a short time (perhaps I just need to be more selective with the photo's I print out), and this printer has 4 individual cartridges

Suppose the only option is to look at a few, see what cartridge they use and price them up!!!

Let us know if you find one thats cheap to run

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

i also gave up on my hp one and opted for Epson, i have replacable cartridges that you refill saves me loads of money!! it's beter to get seperate ink cartridges as they don't all run out at the same time, so saves money!

my next buy is a pogo printer, it's on my wish list i would have to cut down on photo's i think i take loads

May 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got an HP free with my new Apple amc and I know why, it is usless. The wireless drops in and out, cartridges get eaten in a week and the print quality was not good. After 2 months it has been consigned the garage.

I bought and Epson SX600 it is brilliant, it has churned out reams of stuff for my recent Ofsted, and the ink has lasted ages, I only have to replace the black one, the colour ones last for ever. The scanner is also so easy to use, it copies, does photos from SD cards and makes the tea!

I have a Epson Colour laser, which has done thousands of copies and it is 6 years old, the cartridges last a long time but they are very expensive, so when it conks out, I'll buy a new one it will be cheaper to replace it!

Alison

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the new Kodak one as the ink is only 16.99 for combination pack. I do use the ink fairly quick but I do alot of printing for childminding, pampered chef and the brownie unit I run so as you can tell it is kept busy. The printer itself is around £100 but worth it I think.

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an HP Photosmart C5280. It is just two ink cartridges one for colour and one for black. They do XL cartridges with last a long time expecially as I print out my coloured newsletter with photos on it we use it for all our Church printing, it has a lot of use and the cartridges do not run out that often.

I find Ink2u is one of the best sites to purchase cartridges from they give you money off it you return your old cartridges all in a pre-paid envelope and when you order new cartridges they arrive the next day. Very good service.
    Jules

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

epson photo printer

cartrifges done last very long in our house as hubby does photography hes forever printing stuff off....on the plus side we buy ink cartridges that are not epsom but work in the printer and save loads....would save more if i got rid of hubby
    Jennie x x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies. My OH has gone out to buy a laser - I think. I was up for 5 hours last night doing paper work and I am still at it. I feel like a zombie and vey fustrating as I can't print anything.

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i tjust told hubby i want a new printer so he can keep the epson,,,seen a lazer in argos

think im gonna be making the cups of tea for nthe rest of my life to get my own way

rol on when im registered and have my own money lol

x x x
    Jennie x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My DS works for Currys and swears by the Kodak printers. He got himself one for Uni and says the ink lasts ages and is cheaper than other leading brands.
    Mine is a HP300 series and does very well, ink lasts ages too but I use my pogo for pics which helps.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    i love my epson sx515w it has separate ink cartridges which means i only replace the colour thats actually ran out which i love it also makes lovely photo prints also and unlike my old printer i can actually read the draft setting print so anything i just want to check through or that i want but is not very important i print in draft saving ink, my old canons draft was not worth using at all as you couldnt read the print
    most of all i love the fact it is wireless as i do most my work on my laptop and i can be anywhere in the house and print no connecting to the printer i love that
    hope that helps a little