Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Early Years Capital Grant

i recieved this email today

Dear Donna

Re: Query for Early Years Capital Funding

Thank you for your query for the above funding. The early years capital funding is a three year funding stream. The first year (2008 - 2009) was allocated in July 2008 to fund mainly capital build projects.

The local authority based the decision for the allocation of the funding in year one on where the funding would have maximum impact and demonstrate value for money.

The budgets are now being set for 2009 – 2010 and I will be applying for funding to assist childminders in the delivery of the EYFS. At this stage there are no guarantees that the funding will be approved or that all areas of the county will be covered.

I will keep your details on file and inform of the outcome of the budget setting process in due course.

In the meantime if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxx
    Childcare Improvement Service Manager
    Children and Younger Adults Service

edit by Pauline : I've removed personal names as it is not really fair to put someones name on the internet without their permission.
    Last edited by Pauline; 25-11-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: names removed

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I got that same email ducklin

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

Does anyone know if this is available in Staffordshire. I have emailed my network coordinator but no reply yet. I know that stoke are letting childminders apply for it, you lucky, lucky people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody got this in north yorkshire? I phoned FIS they said no idea what i was on about.
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a business officer working in Early Years and provide financial help and support to all childcare providers within my county whether they are childminders, pre schools etc. There is a lot of confusion over the capital grant from what I have read here. Each local authority has been allocated a pot of money to distribute to child care provisions over the next 3 years. Each authority is deciding individually on who can and cannot apply. Our authority like others has decided not to offer the large capital grants to child minders. The reason for this is that if a grant is allocated the government states that the asset must remain the property of the LA. So if we paid for an extension to your house then part of your house would then belong to the LA and a charge to that effect would need to be placed on your house. This would mean that we would have say in what you could do in the future with it. It would also mean that if you gave up childminding in a couple of years then you would have to pay the money back as these grants come with a 25 year clause. Would you really want that? Neither do we! Therefore it has been decided at our LA to allocate only to other types of provision which are likely to be still operating in a number of years. It may sound harsh but you would not want to have to pay the money back or be tied to a 25 yr lease.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all just been reading your comments about this. I received a letter this morning, I'm under Hampshire county council, I rang them to see if I was entitled to some money, the lady was on hols this week, but had a look on the website www.hants.gov.uk/childcare it states that the grant is only for approved network childminders, which does seem abit off, as we are all working to improving our provision, but on the amount of money that we get each week, this can't always be done.

Like to hear from people in other areas that are getting the funding without being a network childminder

Tracey

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

In Staffordshire we are not entitled to any large amount according to Stafford, we were given the chance to apply for a digital camera and printer or some sort of video camera. I am accredited but still not classed as suitable for more than the camera.
    Teacake2

feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Somerset we have been told only accredited childminders can apply even though with eyfs we are all doing the same thing.

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody in Harringey know who to contact or whats going on?

Apr10
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a letter this morning offering me the chance to apply for £3000 to improve my outdoor area.I was so excited.Had all the plans running round mey head, landscaped garden, new fence, play area, patio area for them to play with trikes ect......................then I read the guidelines.I had to be childminding for a year or more.I've just started

Roll on next yr.Hope theres some funding for me then.

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

have had grant in cheshire for laptop,camera, printer all forms signed handed in and now waiting for delivery

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are not getting anything here in Sutton Most of my friends in Merton got a minimum of £2500 to spend last year. Very unfair but it's up to the L A how they distribute the money and nurserys got it in my area.

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

who exactly do we have to contact for this?
    i doubt il be entitles to anything as im a newbie but still nice to at least try

x x x
    Jennie x x

Sept 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

we had this capital grant a year ago in Hampshire ,majority of minders claimed £5000.00, others submitted business plans and claimed up to £15,000 for buildingwork for playroom /conservatory.We had to be part of an accredited network and we have to childmind for 5 years after receiving grant.I had £1500
    for laptop,printer,digital camera,graphics tablet.£3500 for garden work - lawn returfed ,new playhouse,toy storage in/outdoor.Money left over bought cd player and story cds ,i had loads of fun spending money ,everything now in place.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456