Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Early Years Capital Grant

Ok... well ive asked the question to my development officer who knows absolutely nothing so she will refer it to her line manager.

If anyone has got any more specific information they can share that would be great.

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, I'm just starting and a grnat would be very useful!! have just emailed the NCMA lady for this area so will see what she says!!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    Hi Melanie
    I don't know who your advisor is but i've just had a reply from mine, Syreeta, who said they are still awaiting clarification about the grant - goodness knows what that means!! At least its not an out right no!!!

Where in Peterborough are you?

Anna x
    Hi Anna,

I'm in Wittering and Steve is my advisor. He said that he was checking it out and that no-one had said whether or not it was for childminders too. As you say at least its not a 'no'

Where are you?

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i asked finance department in early years for our area and they have no idea what its is!!
    all he could say was they would look into it

AUG 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi everyone,
    my childminder friends have also been allowed to apply for this grant, but as i pay my council tax to a different council even though we only live 8 mins away from each other, my local council are not offering this to childminder's as my early years team told me they were suprised that the other council was giving this grant out and that they had no idea what i was talking about

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

just asked my development worker and our EYTeam are supplying equipment insted of money and we to ask what equipment we want, i wanted the money to spend on the garden and new gates so she asking for me.

quick question if we get some money do we have to put it through our books as earnings? think it may be best to get equipment instead?

Post Thanks / Like

Who do I contact for more information about this? I dont have a development worker and I am not on a network - thanks in advance!!

x Louise x

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea08 View Post
    just asked my development worker and our EYTeam are supplying equipment insted of money and we to ask what equipment we want, i wanted the money to spend on the garden and new gates so she asking for me.

quick question if we get some money do we have to put it through our books as earnings? think it may be best to get equipment instead?
    i think if you get it as a grant you put it through your books as income and that as outgoings for whatever you spend the money on - hope that makes sense
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Any more news on this. i'm in the borough of Barnet and I keep phoning every couple of weeks. They had no idea of it at first and the woman was a bit miffed that I knew before her ,however she still doesn't know how its going to work and i'm to keep phoning ..... talk about take their time!!!

Tracy

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there anybody in derby had this grant? x

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

im from derbyshire ive now been told its all been allocated all 2.5 million that derbyshire got to sure start centres
    if you check this website www.dcsf.gov.uk/localauthorities it gives you the figures that each area was given for this grant its then up to the counil who gets what and its given to sure start first

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldnt find the right bit but thanks. Imay phone cis up see if they know anything.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

These grants are coming from individual councils and seem to be distributing funds based on their own criteria

Well done for the £1500, we got £250
    Debbie

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to our network co-ordinator today and its all a load of auld bull for Cheshire.

Childminders are not getting any ziltch, Nil, Nothing at All - just in case they are given it and then give up - I think Cheshire are trying to drive out childminders.

All they have done is keep back a few quid for some training in 3 areas 1) IT and you get some IT equipment at the end of the course - its a camera, printer - I think its a small photo printer and something else 2) Treasure Baskets - and you get some stuff for treasure baskets as a result of doing that and I can't imagine how much you get of that to equal the value of the IT equip. & 3) Block building and you get a set of blocks Big wooden things I'm afraid I can't describe them but they look like some sort of home made hollow blocks constructed from floor boards - I'm not impressed by them nor can I imagine how you could run a course of several hours based on them at the end of that course each minder will be given a set of these big hollow blocks. No minder is allowed to do more than one course. My thoughts on this are oooh wooopie doo - I'm just not impressed especially since the playgroups and I think nurseries have been given up to £10,000.00 and as I said in another thread the one that R goes to with th Nosey Auld Bag is just replacing all their tables chairs climbing frame & playhouse and selling all the old ones to parents and I've got my hands on a climbing frame, 4 chairs, a table and am waiting for a book rack with shelves to become available and I've just given them a donation they suggested £10.00 each for all the large stuff. Thy actually gave me the table and chairs for nothing because they are not the nicest of stuff but they suit my needs. The other PG where S (stingy mums Lo) goes have just replaced all their carpets and they got the full £10,000 I think the other one got £8,000. So you can see why I'm not overly happy with Cheshire at the moment.
    Celest

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i just spoke to my development officer and was told there is no more grants or funding available hmmmm...............

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

the grant is given every year to the council from 2008 until 2011 they are getting the same amount each year so derbyshire will be getting 2.5 million again next year and again the year after but whats betting it goes to sure start AGAIN

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are getting £300 each year for next 3 years to promote Outdoor Play.
    We claim one each year from the following

Project A: Developing a Quality Outdoor Learning Space
    Project B: Developing Quality Outdoor Experiences using ICT
    Project C: Promoting early communication and language development.

I have just finished writing my application for Project A - a decking area to allow free flow from the house to the garden and to be able to use more of my outdoor resources because the grass in the garden gets really boggy.
    Annie x

dec 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that just liverpool annie, because i just rang developmant officer and was told theres no grants and funding available.

nov97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone if you can get it in Shropshire

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derby minder View Post
    Is that just liverpool annie, because i just rang developmant officer and was told theres no grants and funding available.
    We come under Sefton Council. I did hear Liverpool council had just given their CM's money not sure how much but they just had to show receipts. I am presuming each council has been given a pot to give out and some obviously dont think childminders are worthy of any of it.
    Annie x

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast