Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Early Years Capital Grant

My friend up in Yorkshire mentioned this only last week but I thought it was local to her.

I am not accredited and don't have a network co-ordinater. I will try to ring my local childminding association on Monday but I have not received any info about this at all.
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not received anything aboout this - what about other Peterboro minders, have you?

I've emailed my childcare advisor just now so I have my fingers crossed. As I've just bought a new laptop for the mindees and DD the money would be great. Also would love see-saw for the garden and a decent water tray.

Better stop spending it my head - that might tempt fate!

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i have heard of this grant
    BUT

IT Depends on how many children are on your books as to how much you can get, i have 4 children and i think it could no more than £600

a larger nursery could get £2000 as more children are going to benefit the resources?
    so a larger nursery could get landscape gardens done i got told i can have a small storage box or large brollie

thanks!!

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive just received a booklet with details on it about a Capital Grant Funding, it had an telephone number and email address for request for funding criteria and an application.

Ive sent a mail requesting it.

Lets see what happens

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I haven't found ours much help really - she's twice been supposed to be ringing me about different things and hasn't and at our last network meeting she didn't know what was happening in our area so I wouldn't place much faith in her.

Thanks though - I'll be interested to know what Michelle says.

Miffy xx
    Hi Miffy

Just rung Musters Road to see if they know anything about and they don't Anne Soar not in at present but Sally said she would mention it to her but suspects it is money given to Local Authorities and then it is up to them how it is spent but no doubt Michelle will also have a word with them so let's see what happens.

Cx

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a letter and form to return to our early years about it (I think that's what it was). It was asking things like did we have a laptop, digital camera etc, was my outdoor area suitable for use and in good repair. From the responses they were to decide how much money was needed to support childcarers in making changes or buying new equipment
    In cloud cuckoo land somewhere

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I'v not heard anything about this either Sarah - was with our friend this morning at drop in - are you going to yours tomorrow? She might tell you then.

I'd ask our other friend who put your article in the mag if I were you.
    Celest

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes Celine I am going tomorrow morning... I'll see if anything is said

Post Thanks / Like

I enquired today and in my part of teh country (south west), it's only going to accreddited childminders. It seems to differ from one county to the next.
    So I won't be getting a new lap top.

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I havn't heard of this either but will definately enquire!! My outdoor play area could do with a revamp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Hi Miffy

Just rung Musters Road to see if they know anything about and they don't Anne Soar not in at present but Sally said she would mention it to her but suspects it is money given to Local Authorities and then it is up to them how it is spent but no doubt Michelle will also have a word with them so let's see what happens.

Cx
    Cheers Christine - I have e-mailed eydcp but haven't had a reply yet

I suspect that we'll be told the money is being used to provide free training in our area

Will let you know if I get any response

Miffy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Tatia,
    I did some phonin today and in our area (southwest) its only going to accreddited childminders. So none for me this time. Seems a bit unfair as it seems to depend where you live rather than whether you are accreddited or not

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's fair at all because under EYFS, all minders should be delivering the same standard of service. I do know I was told offthe record that being accredited, I might have a better shot at getting grant money but in this area, all minders are considered 'on an even footing'. I guess it's up to individual areas. We're very lucky in Southend.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Apr 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I had a meeting with my network coordinator today and asked about the grant. She says it is a govenment grant given to every local authority. In Newcastle they had been given £3,068.877 pounds and they have decided that every setting whether it is a nursery, playgroup or childminder is going to be given an inital £1,500 to spend, regardless of size or number of children attending. Then in April they are going to give every setting some more money but they have not decided how much yet.

She says every Local Authority has been allocated this money, but she thinks it is up to the Local Authority how they spend it, which seems very unfair that some parts of the country are getting it and some are not.

love Elaine XXX

sept 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madasahatter View Post
    We had a letter and form to return to our early years about it (I think that's what it was). It was asking things like did we have a laptop, digital camera etc, was my outdoor area suitable for use and in good repair. From the responses they were to decide how much money was needed to support childcarers in making changes or buying new equipment
    This sounds like the form I had.
    It also asked if I had over 75% of my places taken and was I facing any sustainability issues. If so, would I like to be contacted about them.

I'm in Bradford.

Sally

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elaineg View Post
    Hi,

I had a meeting with my network coordinator today and asked about the grant. She says it is a govenment grant given to every local authority. In Newcastle they had been given £3,068.877 pounds and they have decided that every setting whether it is a nursery, playgroup or childminder is going to be given an inital £1,500 to spend, regardless of size or number of children attending. Then in April they are going to give every setting some more money but they have not decided how much yet.

She says every Local Authority has been allocated this money, but she thinks it is up to the Local Authority how they spend it, which seems very unfair that some parts of the country are getting it and some are not.

love Elaine XXX
    I spoke to my development officer yesterday and this is more or less what she told me, I'm in Stoke.

Hope this is the same for everyone

Helen

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meggiemoo View Post
    I've not received anything aboout this - what about other Peterboro minders, have you?

I've emailed my childcare advisor just now so I have my fingers crossed. As I've just bought a new laptop for the mindees and DD the money would be great. Also would love see-saw for the garden and a decent water tray.

Better stop spending it my head - that might tempt fate!
    Hi Melanie
    I don't know who your advisor is but i've just had a reply from mine, Syreeta, who said they are still awaiting clarification about the grant - goodness knows what that means!! At least its not an out right no!!!

Where in Peterborough are you?

Anna x

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madasahatter View Post
    I got that too. There was a lot to fill in - part A was for it stuff and equip that I had for my business and part B was the same but for stuff the kids had. In other words I have a laptop for my business use and a digital camera but I do not have either of those items for the mindees to use freely.

Filled it all in in June - not heard anything though :-(

Diane x

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've found out today that it's only available to accredited minders here in Leeds too.

Since we are all having to work to EYFS regardless of whether we are accredited or not i think this is really unfair.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah32 View Post
    Ive just received a booklet with details on it about a Capital Grant Funding, it had an telephone number and email address for request for funding criteria and an application.

Ive sent a mail requesting it.

Lets see what happens
    Want to share the contact information?
    Debbie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast