Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 'Variations' ' exceptions' 'whatever you call them'

Whenever I need to give myself an exception or variation to have more than 3 children under the age of 5 ( which seems to happen on a regular basis as baby siblings join us, or current children add or change days ) I write myself a risk assessment ( VERY similar to the form you had to fill in for Ofsted in days gone by ) and put it in a file ( along with informing all 'affected' parents ).

The question is .... HOW long do you think I need to keep them? until that 'need' has passed? Until that child has left? until that child turns 21? or forever? !!!! I'm currently going through my files of stuff, and finding lots that is not relevant any more.

I'm wondering if maybe,, instead of keeping them in their own file, I should keep them with my attendance register or with with the child that needed the exception's paperwork?

Thank you if this has made any sense to you!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do something similar. It obviously comes from having completed so many Ofsted variation forms!

I have a folder that I use for my attendance register. At the front are the current term’s sheets and at the end of the term I clip all the pages together and move them to the back of the folder. If I have a variation sheet it gets clipped together with the register for the term when it started. For subsequent terms I just make a note that the variation form is in whatever term’s info.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I do something similar. It obviously comes from having completed so many Ofsted variation forms!