Hello Everyone!

Ive been doing this for the past few months tell me what you think as i am due my inspection soon and i dont want it to be wrong.

In my non prescribed medications permissions form. After they have said yes or no to sunscreen and teething gel and anything they provide themselves I have a paragraph that basically says.

I will keep the Infant Paracetamol called CALPOL(sugar free version) on my premises for sudden onset of pain or fever or to support a child in pain while parents or emergency services are en route. I will only ever administer this with prior consent by way of a message or phone call. In the event of not being able to contact parents then I will call NHS 111 or 999 (depending upon the emergency of the situation) or the child’s GP and follow their advice.

If you choose to answer YES to this permission you are also confirming that your child has taken this exact medication before. This is to avoid allergic reactions at my setting.

I had a child with a high temp once that i had picked up from preschool and parents were an hour away, Emergency contacts unavailable. I felt helpless because at the time I was NOT admistering calpol. I have basically got this in there in absolute dire situations like this one where the kid needed some help.

I still continue to get signatures on pickup with dosage and times etc.

Just wondering what all your views are on this.

Thanks