Policies pack, signing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Policies pack, signing

I am just starting out, still waiting for my pre inspection but wondered what other childminders do regarding giving parents policies, getting them signed etc?

The last childminder I used I got a big pack for my 1 year old, I had to sign every single policy in the pack and then I handed it back to her & not seen it since, did the same with the older child but there wasn't as many forms as he isn't in the eyfs.

I was thinking about giving them my policy / permission pack and then just having 1 page with all the policies listed and then they just sign the one page with all the policies on to say they have read them and then get my permission forms signed separately?

Do you give the parents copies of all the policies or not? I thought about emailing them once I had the pack back to save on paper, make it easier etc

What does everyone else do, find the easiest way?

Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can have it all listed on one page if you find that easier - the statutory policies are safeguarding and complaints the rest help you to explain your business and ways of working to parents

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a lot of policies?

I try to have as few as possible (a lot can be combined into one) so I hand them over with a single sheet for parents to sign to say they've had copies.

The other option is to email them - saves printing and means the parents have a copy of them on their computer. You could still do just one sheet (they could email it back to you) to say they've seen them and read them.