'Safeguarding' Statement
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Safeguarding' Statement

I was advised that even though I have a safeguarding policy in place that I also need a safeguarding "statement" (as per the childcare register; CR2.1) but I'm not sure what's needed here as I would have thought my safeguarding policy covers this already, can anybody clarify for me please? Thank you

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I was advised that even though I have a safeguarding policy in place that I also need a safeguarding "statement" (as per the childcare register; CR2.1) but I'm not sure what's needed here as I would have thought my safeguarding policy covers this already, can anybody clarify for me please? Thank you
    Within your Safeguarding policy you need to include a statement of what you would do and which procedures you would follow ...these will be those from your LSCB...when you need to report any safeguarding issues.
    Also you need to consider the DfE guidance 'Working together to Safeguarding children' March 2015

CR2.1 states = Childminders must keep and implement a written statement of procedures to be followed for the protection of children, intended to safeguard the children being cared for from abuse or neglect. Both parts

Hope this helps?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Within your Safeguarding policy you need to include a statement of what you would do and which procedures you would follow ...these will be those from your LSCB...when you need to report any safeguarding issues.
    Also you need to consider the DfE guidance 'Working together to Safeguarding children' March 2015

CR2.1 states = Childminders must keep and implement a written statement of procedures to be followed for the protection of children, intended to safeguard the children being cared for from abuse or neglect. Both parts

Hope this helps?
    Thanks Simona :-) Yep my policy covers all this. The way the lady from my LA worded it made it sound as if im missing something but my policy already has all this, i must have misunderstood here! Thank you :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks Simona :-) Yep my policy covers all this. The way the lady from my LA worded it made it sound as if im missing something but my policy already has all this, i must have misunderstood here! Thank you :-)
    I have printed out the Childcare Requirements and ticked everything and written notes like 'see Safeguarding Policy'. No point in repeating yoirself. You have it there already just need to refer any one to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I have printed out the Childcare Requirements and ticked everything and written notes like 'see Safeguarding Policy'. No point in repeating yoirself. You have it there already just need to refer any one to it.
    Thanks moggy, I'm finally working my way through the EYFS and childcare register and annotating them in this way. Great advice, thank you :-)