When you review your policies and procedures...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When you review your policies and procedures...

The Ofsted inspector when doing my pre reg visit said I should do a front sheet for my policies and procedures as I currently have the original date at the top and bottom of all of my policies and she said this would mean I will have to re print them all each time I review them?

I should have asked but I'm not sure what she means about the front sheet, and don't see why I can't just write in pen next to 'reviewed on' the date it was reviewed, and adding to this each year/ time i review it, and only re print if I have to change it?

What does everyone else do?

Thanks!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigfuntime View Post
    The Ofsted inspector when doing my pre reg visit said I should do a front sheet for my policies and procedures as I currently have the original date at the top and bottom of all of my policies and she said this would mean I will have to re print them all each time I review them?

I should have asked but I'm not sure what she means about the front sheet, and don't see why I can't just write in pen next to 'reviewed on' the date it was reviewed, and adding to this each year/ time i review it, and only re print if I have to change it?

What does everyone else do?

Thanks!
    I think I know what she is trying to say
    When you review or update a policy put the date in very clear bold letters at the bottom

Policy updated: and date
    Otherwise it looks as if you have not done so since you wrote the original? hope I got that right

Once updated ...if a policy needs this such as SEND at the moment.... send to your parents
    Some policies only need a review to make sure they still comply with your practice...do this and date the review

I still reprint mine and file in portfolio but you can send them to parents via email or whatever system you use to save printing

Hope it helps

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on just writing reviewed on mine with the date and only re printed any that need changing. l am not wasting all that paper and toner then emailing my parents any that have changed x

Post Thanks / Like

I also just type date reviewed and print a copy for my portfolio. If I make any changes I email all parents.