Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default info sharing permission

Hi All,

Im having a day where my brain just isnt working. Do we need permission to share info with another setting where a child attends more than one?

I have a LO who attends my setting in addition to preschool.

Just wondering if i need to type up a permission slip for the parents?

Thanks in advance

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the paragraph on EYFS but it doesnt mention permission:

Providers must maintain records and obtain and share information (with parent
    s and
    carers, other professionals working with the child, the police, social services and
    Ofsted or the childminder agency with which they are registered, as appropriate) to
    ensure the safe and efficient management of the setting, and to help ensure the
    ne
    eds of all children are met. Providers must enable a regular two
    -
    way flow of
    information with parents and/or carers, and between providers, if a child is attending
    more than one setting. If requested, providers should incorporate parents’ and/or
    carers’ co
    mments into children’s records.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my partnership working form - it was easier to copy and paste and take out my name than re-save it so I could attach it. After parents have filled it in I put one copy in my files and give other copy to Nursery.

Partnership Working

The Early Years Foundation Stage encourages partnership working. The EYFS Statutory Framework states ‘Providers must enable a regular two-way flow of information with parents and/or carers, and between providers, if a child is attending more than one setting. ’. Children do best when parents/carers and other professionals work together. Please provide information below about other settings your child currently attends. This will enable us to work in partnership by supporting the well-being of your child.

Child’s Name………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ Child’s DOB………………………

Setting Name

Setting address

Postcode

Tel No:

Days child attends setting

Times child attends setting

Childs Key Person

I agree that my Registered Childminder ________________ may share information with my child’s setting named above.

I agree that the above setting can share information with my Registered Childminder,_________________

Signed……………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦parent/carer

Print Name………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦........

Date………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..........

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah thanks you're a legend HH x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Here is my partnership working form - it was easier to copy and paste and take out my name than re-save it so I could attach it. After parents have filled it in I put one copy in my files and give other copy to Nursery.

Partnership Working

The Early Years Foundation Stage encourages partnership working. The EYFS Statutory Framework states ‘Providers must enable a regular two-way flow of information with parents and/or carers, and between providers, if a child is attending more than one setting. ’. Children do best when parents/carers and other professionals work together. Please provide information below about other settings your child currently attends. This will enable us to work in partnership by supporting the well-being of your child.

Child’s Name………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ Child’s DOB………………………

Setting Name

Setting address

Postcode

Tel No:

Days child attends setting

Times child attends setting

Childs Key Person

I agree that my Registered Childminder ________________ may share information with my child’s setting named above.

I agree that the above setting can share information with my Registered Childminder,_________________

Signed……………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦parent/carer

Print Name………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦........

Date………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..........
    that's what I have too.

funny though .... that although preschool know a particular child is with me the rest of the week, and started at the beginning of term with them ( I know they know, as we share funding ) ... they haven't given me a 'sharing information' form !!!! its always mine, and me who sends it !!!! I'm going to ask my friend who works there if they have one !!!

7. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Im in the same situation Loocyloo. The LO's keyworker phoned me after I discussed some concerns with mum. They actually told me on the phone that because they receive the entire funding there that they dont need to share info with me at all. It is me that pushed for some communication between us!

I said I would create a comms book to go between us all and then low and behold he has turned up with one in his bag!