megaminder online tool
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default megaminder online tool

I came across this site while I was looking at who will be exhibiting at the childcare expo, does anyone use this, its free and looks pretty good.....x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing, have had a quick look and it looks good - I did register to use Orbit but found that I didn't get on with it, so am still writing up my obs on the computer and printing off the pages for LJ. Does it say anywhere on the site about how the information is stored and how safe it is and what would happen to the info if the company closed down or went bust?

sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Thanks for sharing, have had a quick look and it looks good - I did register to use Orbit but found that I didn't get on with it, so am still writing up my obs on the computer and printing off the pages for LJ. Does it say anywhere on the site about how the information is stored and how safe it is and what would happen to the info if the company closed down or went bust?
    I have come across this site you can download on your i phone (i tunes) or google 2 simple early years android it's free and really good you take your picture write your obs and c.o.e.l then you can link with l&d and print off

4. Likes TJF liked this post
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering that too Hector's House, will have a chat with them at the childcare expo thingy, I am as they say "technologically challenged" but am fed up with paper work everywhere so want to try something, will look at the orbit one too, thanks guys, love this forum. xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I have signed up to MM this week, they have really good customer support, I email them on facebook if I need anything and get a reply within the hour. We had 2 simple at school but its not that cheap, the free trial doesn't let you do much until you pay I think for childminders its not too bad at around £19 when I looked into it but you have to pay extra for the 2engage which is the parent interaction part of it. MM is free so you do get adverts however its on the most up to date secure server and you can do your accounts on it too, issue invoices, add all the childs important details like medical info/allergies, contracted hours, passwords for picking up. You can also add policies and what I like is that when you add a new one the parents will have to check it to say they've acknowledged it before it lets them do anything else on the site. I've only had it a few days, I've added my son and policies and added my husband as parent. He's going to log on tonight so I can see how parent friendly it is. I don't think I've got full functionality on it for obs yet as I haven't got my EY number through yet so I emailed and was let on a temp one for a trial. They respond to feedback really well so when I asked about aps for when I'm out and about they said they're looking into a kind of clipboard app so you could take pics out and about with a post it style obs similar to 2simple and transfer it to the right file when you get back home. I'm looking forward to seeing how the apps are displayed and how easy it is to see overviews. I like 2 simple because you could add several objectives to a single observation but haven't seen that on MM yet but like I say I might unlock more features when I get fully registered.