Permissions help please!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Permissions help please!

I've just been looking over and revising some of my forms, and realised that I'm asking parents to give permission for emergency advice/treatment/assistance at least 4 times...1) on the Child Record Form,2) on my own Accident/Emergency policy 3) on my general permissions form , and 4) in the Accident/Incident record book individual section.
    The same thing is happening (to a lesser extent, though) re administering medicines.
    I'm using all the PACEY forms/contracts etc and I'm wondering if the Child Record Form is the only one I really need re Emergency treatment, and the one in the Accident/Incident book for medication etc?
    On outings I carry a copy of the relevant child's signed Record Form, which shows info that might be required by the Emergency Services.
    I'm sure I shouldn't be duplicating stuff, (but paperwork seems to have a mind of its own right now.)..does anyone have any view on this please?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know what the Pacey paperwork looks like sorry I don't use it - but you should only need to ask permission for each thing once!

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

The pacey one alone isn't good enough you need the one signed in the med book or a seperate on Also

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supermumy View Post
    The pacey one alone isn't good enough you need the one signed in the med book or a seperate on Also
    Why isn't it good enough? Surely permission is permission, no matter where it is.

I have the emergency medical treatment permission twice - once on my permission forms & once on my child records. I know I don't need it twice, but rather twice than not at all (although I didn't think it was a requirement any more?)

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had my Ofsted visit I had the ncma contract signed and got marked on not having the accident emergency one signed also

Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies, ladies... I've just had a parent visit to look over some forms prior to signing, and warned her that she may well see the same permission request a few times in various places!! Luckily she was fine with it, but I really want to cut down on paperwork across the board rather than make more work for myself (and more signage for parents)...!! Better safe than sorry, though I guess, and once they've signed, they've signed! xx

ps poor you, Supermummy...that seems so unfair! x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You no longer need to have the parents written permission to seek emergency medical help or to take a child to hospital. It disappeared in the new EYFS from Sept 2012.

Have a look at EYFS!

Question why you would need it?

Would you ever sign a contract with a parent who refused to sign this permission?

If you had a child in your care who had such a bad accident or was so ill you sort expert medical help ie rang 999, do you really think they would give a dam about any written permissions? No they would treat first and ask questions later because like you they have a Duty of Care to the child. Getting signed permission from parents wasn't worth the paper it was written on which is why it has gone.

Ofsted have no reason to look at your Contracts either. When I am inspected I put all my Contracts out of the way, none of Ofsteds business. Nor are any of your financial records or accounts.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, probably being a bit thick, seems to be my day for it, what paperwork do Ofsted need to see, my first visit was horrendous so I'm a little scared as to what to expect this time round?