What do we HAVE to have in regards to paperwork?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do we HAVE to have in regards to paperwork?

I have just been round to MIL's house to have a look at all the stuff DO has said she needs and does not need etc.

On her visit note, DO has put that MIL has to have on display in her hallway the following:

*Her reg cert
    *First aid cer
    *Fire Evac plan & procedure
    *Parent poster
    *Insurance cert
    *First aid cert
    *Child protection referral sheet

Also that she needs to have an annual risk assessement, a daily risk assessment and an outings risk assessment for each outing. She also has to have her husband's, her eldest daughter's and her own CRB in her folder visable for anyone who wants to see it and needs to fill in the 'safer food, better bussines' folder and leave it out on her table for when she has her Ofsted inspection as they will expect to see it.

MIL has also been advised to download all the council's policies and procedures and just take off the council logo and put hers on instead and replace all her current policies with the new ones.

Can anyone advise on this please, although I do have some things on display, I certainly do not have all that up on my hallway walls, also I was under the impression that we didn't have to have loads of risk assessments, although I still have them, which I update regularly, I don't do RA's each time I leave the house!

DO, is going back next week to cover the Learning and Development requirements.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I have displayed in my hallway is certificate and Ofsted parent Poster. Everything else is in folders.

All my certificates such as First Aid, Safeguarding, Level 3, Food hygiene are in my Continuous Dev folder.

I do have RA which I do pdate everyso often, these are for each place I go, so

3 different parks I visit
    Library
    Town
    Toddler groups
    etc etc
    but I did these a while ago and just look through them to see if anything needs adding.

I don't think they need to be written down anymore do they? But I have them anyway
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a notice board up with lots of what was in that list but I believe the only things you have to have on display is your reg cert and the ofsted parents poster. I also have all crb's in a folder with my certificate but don't believe that is compulsory, I have also completed the safer food booklet but ofsted weren't interested in it - didn't even know what it was. RA - I do have them written and regularly review and update but not every time before I leave the house- we'd never get anywhere! I do have a sheet at the front of my RA folder that if I notice anything different whilst out that is a risk I not down quickly when I get back and then when I have time add to my current RA.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

While the children are sleeping, I have decided to re-read the Statutory Framwork (specifically section 3)

3.12 Providers other than childminders must record information about staff qualifications and the identity checks and vetting processes that have been completed (including the criminal records disclosure, reference number, the date a disclosure was obtained and details of who obtained it). For childminders the relevant information will be kept by Ofsted.

Why would the DO tell MIL, this has to be in her folder, readily available to show any parent who wants to see it?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have my crbs in a folder just so there are all in one place.

Sounds like your MIL's DO is very keen and not necessarily right
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your MIL should tell this DO that she is obliged to follow the rules laid out by Ofsted and not have to jump through extra hoops for her.

You only need to display your Ofsted registration certificate, liability insurance certificate and Ofsted parent poster - everything else can be in the folder you show parents. I also have pinned up my safeguarding policy but that's only because I have a big notice board and have room to display it, it's not compulsory. I do have CRB's for myself and my family in the parents folder, along with my car business insurance certificate, first aid cert, food hygiene cert etc, but only so I know where they all are, as I'm really bad at filing!

8. Likes EmmaReed84 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

10. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    There is a free Ofsted pre-inspection checklist on the Childcare.co.uk website - you just need to log in to get it

Childminder Guides - Exclusive Information Guides for Registered Childminder Members - Childcare.co.uk
    It won't let me open it, or save it

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    While the children are sleeping, I have decided to re-read the Statutory Framwork (specifically section 3)

3.12 Providers other than childminders must record information about staff qualifications and the identity checks and vetting processes that have been completed (including the criminal records disclosure, reference number, the date a disclosure was obtained and details of who obtained it). For childminders the relevant information will be kept by Ofsted.

Why would the DO tell MIL, this has to be in her folder, readily available to show any parent who wants to see it?
    It depends who did the CRB...for those registered a while back Ofsted hold the details but we were never given a certificate or number for reference because the CRB was done under the Social Services
    Those with a CRB done by Ofsted since they took over will have a certificate and number .

I am in the first category because my CRB was done by SS so no certificate...if parents query I refer them to Ofsted

13. Likes rickysmiths, lilac_dragon liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    It won't let me open it, or save it
    It is free and available to anyone - free or gold members - it is called - Essential Ofsted Paperwork Checklist *FREE*

Check you are trying to get the right document... if you are please contact me and I will try and help

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you employ an assistant you have to display your Employer's Liability Insurance Certificate. Though you don't have to display your PLI.

No childminder needs To have their partner or children's CRB certificates on display or in a folder for parents to see. Frankly it is none of the parents business and the Certificate is the property of the person it is for, I don't even have my husband or children's they keep them during an inspection Ofsted wouldn't need to see them because they know they have been done!.

All you need to keep is the letter Ofsted sends to you informing you the check has been done and the person is suitable to be around children.

In the 13 years Ofsted have been our regulatory body I have never had a parent ask to see any CRB checks. I don't have them in my parents info folder either they are in my RA folder which I don't show parents anyway but Ofsted may look at it but they know the checks have been done.

Like Simona I have been a cm long enough that I don't have a CRB done by Ofsted. Parents assume that we have all been checked and I must confess if the parent doesn't talk about it I don't. If they ask I do explain and say they may phone Ofsted to check if they would like to, I don't know of any who have.