Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Initial contact help!

Hoping someone can help me here! I have had vacancies for ages despite advertising, lots of contact on childcare.co.uk but I never even get to the interview with parents stage and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have never had trouble 'recruiting' parents, I have loads of experience, lots of courses, very happy current parents with references but still can't get past the initial contact stage.

I am looking at revamping what I send out to interested parents and at the moment include Ofsted report, recent newsletter, few info sheets about routines, food, keeping healthy, EYFS.

What sort of things do people send out? Perhaps I am overloading them but I like them to have stuff to read before they come for a chat so they can ask questions.

Help please!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I generally dont send much to parents until we have met. That said I do suggest they look at my website where they can look at as much or little as they like.

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

What about an 'all about me' sheet with info on about yourself, a photo, maybe a pic of your house and some of the toys to get their interest. A picture tells a thousand words.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

After speaking on the phone, I don't send them anything until they actually get round here

It is the hardest part actually getting them in isn't it.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe I am overwhelming them..... I have lots of info on my childcare.co.uk profile so perhaps just suggest they come over for a visit then give them some stuff to take away?

I think I will do an All About Me (not with a photo, don't want to scare them off!!).

6. Likes Kiddleywinks, shortstuff liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Maybe I am overwhelming them..... I have lots of info on my childcare.co.uk profile so perhaps just suggest they come over for a visit then give them some stuff to take away?

I think I will do an All About Me (not with a photo, don't want to scare them off!!).
    You may not be overwhelming them.. people are funny...lol. I've discovered that over the years. They will show interest and then change their mind, say they will phone and then don't or even make appointments and then not even turn up.
    Is there a large amount of childcare in you r area? Maybe they are spoilt for choice? Maybe there is too much competition?

I don't get a lot of phonecalls, but when I do, I just take their details and tell them if I can fit them in an then ask them if they want to come round and have a look. When they are here I give out info.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't give anything out until parents have been for a visit, I will sometimes direct people to my website to have a look but that's all.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post

haha parents cant be that easily scared, they come back after meeting me for the first time lol x

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

On a first visit we don't usually do anything much in terms of looking at paperwork. I show them my certs and references and then just chat and play with the little one.
    Then at the end tell them if they want to come back for a second visit we can have a look at paperwork then. X