Learning journeys help pls
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning journeys help pls

I'm finding that I'm writing up observations twice, once in the daily diary for parents to see, they also record their obs in here aswell and I write the same obs again in the child's learning journey, could I not just do everything in the daily diary and stick pictures etc in there? X x

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't write up obs in the 'shared diary' but just give a brief outline of the childs day with me, the more indepth details are logged in the childs LJ, hth xx

3. Likes loocyloo, Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here, I just write about the child's day in the diary and the full observation goes in the learning journal.
    Cherry x

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

You could just do one joint one but what happens if it doesn't come in the day you get an unannounced inspection or mum looses it on the way home, leaves it out in the rain, dog wets on it, coffee spilt on it,child pulls all the pages out of it...... These are all things that have happened to diaries no way would I risk sending a lj home daily.

I tend to write up observations for lj and only ever put them in diary if it's really significant (I photocopy it and stick in diary)

7. Likes loocyloo, moggy liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I might the photo of a photo ob in the daily diary but that's about it!

Post Thanks / Like

I do daily diaries everyday but about once a month, if I have a good one I just scan it and stick a copy in their LJ. Then just use postits for short obs! X

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou! I will continue doing the obs in my ljourney. Does anyone write weekly plans for each child? I'm due my Ofsted inspection and I've heard one inspector didn't mind not seeing written plans but another one marked someone down because she didn't have any. If anyone does write plans, do u do plans for individual child, continuous provision and plan of what you intend to do during the week to show parents or just 1 or 2 of these? X

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do individual plans which have their next steps and how we are looking to achieve them plus what groups each child will attend
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My Ofsted inspector was happy to see individual plans for each child (incl next steps and parents comments) updated every six weeks. So no, not weekly.

This together with the 6 continuous play provision sheets that hang up permanently shows it all.

LJ as well of course. I send them home half termly but show parents when I have put in a new observation and write what they say.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the 6 continuous play provision sheets? Could you give an example please? Is this the layout of the setting and activities/toys offered? X

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's justifying the resources and why you put them out for your mindees. If you search in the titles for 'continuous provision' there's a lot written about it. There's various ways of writing about it - also discussed on here. If you pm me your email I can send you my template plus an example filled in.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling-I use one of the online systems but all my parents like their handwritten diarys so I seem to be writing everything 8 times some days (once on each child's online LJ's and once in each diary) and that's just a quick scribble of what we did today and how child responded

Aug 98
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a monthly plan and on it are the children's first name next to actitivites which I have said I want to do with them in their LJ or things which help them more than others.