Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Default policies and procedures

Hi I have recently started childming, but I don't understand how to write out policies and procedures can anyone give me an example? also as soon as I get a child to look after do I have to observe them from day 1 and write it down? thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Did u not do that in your course? I'm sure it's a requirement that the course has to cover policies and procedures?

I do one observation a fortnight roughly, can be more, can be less depends on what the child is upto, how often they are here etc.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I start with 'starting points' to show where the child is in development matters when they come to you. Then you can show progress with 'next steps' to show how your helping the child reach them through planning and provide evidence through observations.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you completed your local course as this covers all of this and it is a requirement of Ofsted that you do before you can even put in your application to them to become a childminder
    Debbie

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Bromley Childminding Association have very good examples of Policies and Procedures. Just Google them and you will get their website.

You should be observing them from day one to get their starting points, then as you see development you write up what you observe. I find I can do anything between 1-4 a month depending on what they are up to.