What devices do you use ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What devices do you use ?

Hiya, Ive been having fun with my mobile/pc and at the moment go through a process of uploading photos to create LJ photo diaries and obs. was trying to do this all via my phone but now am thinking to save time to use a tablet as a one stop shop - to take photos and put into word or some shared area for parents to view as well.just wondering what others use and what they find effective ie reducing the time and labour !
    Im also wondering whether with a web site you can have an area that is accessible only to the parent, were such info would sit ?.... Have looked at orbit and find it too vague for my needs ( also my ofsted lady didnt lke it either )
    I will have even less time come september and want an efficient system. what i am doing is taking me so much time !!
    so the question is : what do you use to process the evidence for your obs and how do you share with parents ?

thanks in advance !

Ps and if anyone does use a tablet which they find most economically viable and that WORKS !

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have drop box installed on my phone and laptop. It means I have instant access to my pics on my laptop whenever i want it. I then use the unmentionable software system to upload the pics to both the daily diary and obs in one go x

HTH

3. Likes mum26 liked this post
    Sept 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    I have drop box installed on my phone and laptop. It means I have instant access to my pics on my laptop whenever i want it. I then use the unmentionable software system to upload the pics to both the daily diary and obs in one go x

HTH
    Yes I have heard of the drop box thingy ! not yet tried it out yet. could you pm me the unmentionable please lol! ta

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do mine on my ipad in an app called Pages, like Word but so much better. I then send them wireless to my printer. Takes 10min max to take photo, write obs with it in top left corner and print. Love apple devices.

6. Likes Waveawand liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm only starting off but from other threads on here have found a couple of apps that look like they may be useful - 2simple and orbit. Had a play with 2simple and you can take pics, store notes, next steps etc and link to eyfs then keep, print or email the doc (within given date range). Looks fab to me although I'm the first to admit I am daunted by LJs to say the least!! I also use Pages as a word processing app for my policies and procedures and any letters.

may 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my iPhone with the pages app, it's fab- only takes a few minutes to do add my pics and write up observations. It is also great for making documents then printing wireless straight away.