For those of you who do your own contracts..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For those of you who do your own contracts..

Is there anything I should be putting in them that I haven't? Ive done my own for about the last 6 years but after having an issue with a parent I wondered if I should be changing them a little..or are yours mainly bog standard name, address..days times etc?
    Thanks

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, someone else who does their own too!
    I found mms ridiculously expensive and to be honest, a bit stupid. Do you give permission for your child to go on the climbing frame!? Every parent signing it laughed. I do name, dob, address, fees, late fees, holiday fees, sick fees, emergency contact info x 3, doctors info, allergy info, medication bit, photographic permission, outing permission, permission for emergency medical treatment.
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but yes, I prefer doing my own to any pre written ones I've seen

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    I found mms ridiculously expensive and to be honest, a bit stupid. Do you give permission for your child to go on the climbing frame!? Every parent signing it laughed. I do name, dob, address, fees, late fees, holiday fees, sick fees, emergency contact info x 3, doctors info, allergy info, medication bit, photographic permission, outing permission, permission for emergency medical treatment.
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but yes, I prefer doing my own to any pre written ones I've seen
    It might be a condition of their insurance that you get permission for the climbing frame

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyskidz! View Post
    All of the above is covered on the child's record form. My contract includes the statements listed below plus another page with contracted hours, fees - inc holidays and sickness, payment arrangements and a statement about the settling in period, this is personalised for each family. The purpose of the contract is to set out exactly what each party expects from the other to avoid any disputes in the future. Mrs O said she liked the way I'd set them out and that they were clear, concise and easy for parents to read and understand.

The child minder agrees to:
    1. Care for the child during the contracted hours and at such other times as may be mutually agreed.
    2. Comply with all requirements of registration as laid down by Ofsted and my insurance company.
    3. Provide suitable developmental experiences appropriate to the age and stage of development of the child named.
    4. Give at least 4 weeks notice of annual holiday and as much notice of other leave as possible.
    5. Notify the parent of any accident or injury occurred whilst the child is in my care.
    6. To provide the child with meals which are nutritionally balanced.
    7. Ensure the child has the opportunity to take part in the local community by attending different activities.
    8. Ensure that the child is appropriately restrained in a safety seat or straps according to their age, weight & government guidelines when travelling in the car.
    9. Manage the child’s behaviour without the use of physical punishment.

The parent agrees to:
    1. Pay the fees as set out overleaf on the day agreed.
    2. Arrive and collect the child on time.
    3. Provide the following items: Change of clothes, nappies, wipes, outdoor clothing suitable for the weather.
    4. Give at least 4 weeks notice of annual leave and as much notice of other leave as possible.
    5. Inform the childminder if the child has been ill within 48 hours before a contracted period and respect the childminders sickness policy.
    6. Inform the childminder of any medicine and give written permission for the childminder to administer the medicine each day that this is required.
    7. Notify the childminder at the beginning of each session of any accident or injury that the child has incurred away from the childminding setting.
    8. Ensure that an appropriate sunscreen has been applied before attendance during hot weather and provide this to be reapplied throughout the day.
    9. Give 4 weeks notice of changes to or termination of contract.

5. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    It might be a condition of their insurance that you get permission for the climbing frame
    I don't have a climbing frame, that's why they laughed lol. But yes I see your point, though parents were a bit like what if we said no and you had to keep them off it. Health and safety gone mad IMO

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
    All of the above is covered on the child's record form. My contract includes the statements listed below plus another page with contracted hours, fees - inc holidays and sickness, payment arrangements and a statement about the settling in period, this is personalised for each family. The purpose of the contract is to set out exactly what each party expects from the other to avoid any disputes in the future. Mrs O said she liked the way I'd set them out and that they were clear, concise and easy for parents to read and understand.

The child minder agrees to:
    1. Care for the child during the contracted hours and at such other times as may be mutually agreed.
    2. Comply with all requirements of registration as laid down by Ofsted and my insurance company.
    3. Provide suitable developmental experiences appropriate to the age and stage of development of the child named.
    4. Give at least 4 weeks notice of annual holiday and as much notice of other leave as possible.
    5. Notify the parent of any accident or injury occurred whilst the child is in my care.
    6. To provide the child with meals which are nutritionally balanced.
    7. Ensure the child has the opportunity to take part in the local community by attending different activities.
    8. Ensure that the child is appropriately restrained in a safety seat or straps according to their age, weight & government guidelines when travelling in the car.
    9. Manage the child’s behaviour without the use of physical punishment.

The parent agrees to:
    1. Pay the fees as set out overleaf on the day agreed.
    2. Arrive and collect the child on time.
    3. Provide the following items: Change of clothes, nappies, wipes, outdoor clothing suitable for the weather.
    4. Give at least 4 weeks notice of annual leave and as much notice of other leave as possible.
    5. Inform the childminder if the child has been ill within 48 hours before a contracted period and respect the childminders sickness policy.
    6. Inform the childminder of any medicine and give written permission for the childminder to administer the medicine each day that this is required.
    7. Notify the childminder at the beginning of each session of any accident or injury that the child has incurred away from the childminding setting.
    8. Ensure that an appropriate sunscreen has been applied before attendance during hot weather and provide this to be reapplied throughout the day.
    9. Give 4 weeks notice of changes to or termination of contract.
    My contracts and record forms are combined for ease of reference, I have a front sheet with names address etc then all extra stuff in back as one

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have their own I could look at please? Bit stuck n he to make them look professional. Also how do you duplicate?