Booking vacancy for Sept & Oct
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Booking vacancy for Sept & Oct

I have 3 lots of parents wising to reserve the vacancies that I will have come available in September.

Not sure whether to make up a booking form, write deposits paid on there, all sign etc etc then do contracts nearer the time?

OR

Do contracts now, which seams a little premature?

Any thoughts appreciated

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muffins View Post
    I have 3 lots of parents wising to reserve the vacancies that I will have come available in September.

Not sure whether to make up a booking form, write deposits paid on there, all sign etc etc then do contracts nearer the time?

OR

Do contracts now, which seams a little premature?

Any thoughts appreciated
    What's the difference between a 'booking form with deposits and all signed' and a contract? I always go for a contract so you are both legally bound and all done properly. Personally I would not hand over a deposit to a CM without a contract- how do they know you are not going to do a runner?!

Why are you hesitant about doing a contract? You can still agree to make changes to hours/days etc closer to the time even with a signed contract.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't save a space without a contract personally - and they have to pay a non-refundable registration fee.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

definately contracts signed AND a months non-refundable deposit. as a parent I would not pay a deposit without a contract in place to cover me, and as a minder I would not want to hold a place without a deposit.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

5. Likes McKenzie liked this post
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

What Juggler said!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just completed contracts with parents reserving a place in september, they've paid a 4 week non-refundable deposit which will be credited towards september fees (and a retainer as I am holding a current space open)

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyonewill sort contracts with them. They all want to get it sorted this week & as Thurs is my only day free I now have 3 parents all visiting then 2.30, 5.15 & 7.45. Best get my paperwork head on!

Sept 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    I've just completed contracts with parents reserving a place in september, they've paid a 4 week non-refundable deposit which will be credited towards september fees (and a retainer as I am holding a current space open)
    Do you mind me asking how much the retainer is and how you work it out ? I always though the retainer was non refundable and deposit offset against first months fees. I have same situation and have never had someone want a place in advance so have no idea what to charge for retainer. any help appreciated !