Contract question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contract question

I have siblings I have looked after for about a year, mum starts a new job in a few weeks and will be nearly full time. Their parents are very short of money just now and were trying all sorts of ways to reduce the childcare bill if mum went full time so as business is not great here just now and I have only odd days that I had spaces that were proving difficult to fill I have agreed a flat rate for both children. It's pretty complicated as mum has a day off every other week and some days granny is going to pick them up from me at 2 (have agreed to this as it means I can have more schoolies and an hr to myself before school run ) Also I will only be picking L up from nursery so have agreed not to charge until I pick him up. Is it ok to put on A's contract 'flat fee of x agreed to include fees for L too' and then on L's contract put 'fees included in A's'?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The most important thing to do is to make sure whatever you put is absolutely crystal clear to you and the person paying the bill - so include words, amounts etc so there are no complications in the future.

Hth

3. Likes mum24 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sarah, be very specific. Don't worry about trying to do it in as few words as possible - make it as long winded as you need to to make everything clear. On the contract where it says about the fee you don't have to squash it all in there, you can always put "see notes" and explain it all there.

5. Likes mum24 liked this post
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I've typed it all out onto a seperate sheet and on the contract where it says fees put 'see attached sheet' and also in the hrs bit and I will get mum to sign the sheet too.
    I feel so sorry for her, she really does not want to work fulltime and is in a pretty much can't afford not to work but can't afford the childcare to work situation. If I wan't going to do this for them I'm not sure what they would do. It is a very sad state for this country to be in that so many people are in this situation

7. Likes mum24 liked this post