Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Confused???!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confused???!!!

This has probably been asked before but can't find it anywhere so here goes.......

I am getting confused with the forms you give to new parents, I am confused between the child record forms, record of child's individual needs and the ' all about me' form???

I understand that:
    - the child record form is for childs name, address, parents details & work, child's doctor info, Allergies etc
    - the record of child's individual needs form is for child's food allergies/ likes and dislikes/ what they drink/ meal times etc/ toilet needs- nappies or potty training etc/dressing- are they able to dress themselves or do they need help/ sleep- do they require a nap/ sleep/ what is their routine/ how they settle etc/ likes and dislikes- toys/ activities/ books/ games/ and what is their normal routine- times and activities stated
    - 'all about me' form- this is what I am confused with, is this the same form as above???? I have done the above and an all about me document (child friendly tho) for either at the start of a child's learning journey or scrapbook- it has spaces for pictures, askes about child's name, when at childminders, when started, about family, food and drink- what they like and dislike, hobbies- what they like and dislike, activities- they can do and some they find challenging, sleep routine, then obs at the back for EYFS children.
    Am I already doing an all about me document? If someone could guide and give me advice or if someone would please share theirs? I would be very grateful.

I am only asking because I am in the process of signing a 5 year old and getting the paperwork sorted for later.

Sept 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by child_friendly View Post
    This has probably been asked before but can't find it anywhere so here goes.......

I am getting confused with the forms you give to new parents, I am confused between the child record forms, record of child's individual needs and the ' all about me' form???

I understand that:
    - the child record form is for childs name, address, parents details & work, child's doctor info, Allergies etc
    - the record of child's individual needs form is for child's food allergies/ likes and dislikes/ what they drink/ meal times etc/ toilet needs- nappies or potty training etc/dressing- are they able to dress themselves or do they need help/ sleep- do they require a nap/ sleep/ what is their routine/ how they settle etc/ likes and dislikes- toys/ activities/ books/ games/ and what is their normal routine- times and activities stated
    - 'all about me' form- this is what I am confused with, is this the same form as above???? I have done the above and an all about me document (child friendly tho) for either at the start of a child's learning journey or scrapbook- it has spaces for pictures, askes about child's name, when at childminders, when started, about family, food and drink- what they like and dislike, hobbies- what they like and dislike, activities- they can do and some they find challenging, sleep routine, then obs at the back for EYFS children.
    Am I already doing an all about me document? If someone could guide and give me advice or if someone would please share theirs? I would be very grateful.

I am only asking because I am in the process of signing a 5 year old and getting the paperwork sorted for later.
    Hiya - all about me can include individual child information but I do a separate AAM for the child/ and a detailed individual child infor form for parents to fill in.Individual child information.doc hope this helps.

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    I was thinking of getting the mum to fill and sign in the child record from and record of child's individual needs form today then I am going to fill in the child's all about me form with him when I start minding him so then he can have an input.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by child_friendly View Post
    Thanks
    I was thinking of getting the mum to fill and sign in the child record from and record of child's individual needs form today then I am going to fill in the child's all about me form with him when I start minding him so then he can have an input.
    It's always good to encourage children to input their views