Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: missing child

Registered Childminder since
    apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default missing child

Hi can anyone help me out with the wording of the new eyfs missing child procedure thanks x

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it different from the one we already have under the 2008 EYFS?

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I have in my policy...

Feel free to take part as you wish... Also correct any mistakes lol

MISSING CHILD POLICY

Out and About:
    The care of your child is paramount and I will always try to ensure that they remain with me and safe. However unfortunately sometimes children can become lost in busy places and therefore as a responsible childminder I have written a procedure that will be followed in the unlikely event of this happening.
    • I will immediately raise the alarm to all around me that I have lost a child and enlist the help of everyone to look for them
    • If it is a secure area such as a shopping centre, I will quickly alert the security staff so they can seal off exits and monitor the situation on any CCTV
    • I will provide everyone involved in the search with a description of the child.
    • I will reassure the other children with me, as they may be distressed
    • I will then alert the police and provide a full description
    • I will then alert the parents of the situation
    • I take precautions to avoid situations like this happening by implementing the following measures:
    • Ensuring the children hold my hand or the pushchair whilst we are out
    • Younger walkers will be wearing reins
    • Avoid going to places that are overcrowded
    • I teach the children about the dangers of wandering off and of talking to Strangers

At Home:
    Whilst at home every measure is taken to ensure your child does not wonder out. The garden gate will remain locked during hours of Childminding. The front door will also remain locked and a key will be placed on a hanger near the door in case of an emergency and out of reach of children. In the very unlikely event of a child going missing whilst at my home I will,
    • Search my property thoroughly inside and out.
    • I will check all the doors, gates and fences to see where a breech may have occurred
    • If the child has not been found I will immediately contact the police and parents
    • I will fully cooperate with any police investigations and give them all the details
    • Once the child is found I will do my own thorough investigation to find out how the incident occurred and ensure extra measures are put in place.
    • Ofsted will also investigate any incidences.

apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default missing child

Thanks so much, thats great x

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    This is what I have in my policy...

Feel free to take part as you wish... Also correct any mistakes lol

MISSING CHILD POLICY

Out and About:
    The care of your child is paramount and I will always try to ensure that they remain with me and safe. However unfortunately sometimes children can become lost in busy places and therefore as a responsible childminder I have written a procedure that will be followed in the unlikely event of this happening.
    • I will immediately raise the alarm to all around me that I have lost a child and enlist the help of everyone to look for them
    • If it is a secure area such as a shopping centre, I will quickly alert the security staff so they can seal off exits and monitor the situation on any CCTV
    • I will provide everyone involved in the search with a description of the child.
    • I will reassure the other children with me, as they may be distressed
    • I will then alert the police and provide a full description
    • I will then alert the parents of the situation
    • I take precautions to avoid situations like this happening by implementing the following measures:
    • Ensuring the children hold my hand or the pushchair whilst we are out
    • Younger walkers will be wearing reins
    • Avoid going to places that are overcrowded
    • I teach the children about the dangers of wandering off and of talking to Strangers

At Home:
    Whilst at home every measure is taken to ensure your child does not wonder out. The garden gate will remain locked during hours of Childminding. The front door will also remain locked and a key will be placed on a hanger near the door in case of an emergency and out of reach of children. In the very unlikely event of a child going missing whilst at my home I will,
    • Search my property thoroughly inside and out.
    • I will check all the doors, gates and fences to see where a breech may have occurred
    • If the child has not been found I will immediately contact the police and parents
    • I will fully cooperate with any police investigations and give them all the details
    • Once the child is found I will do my own thorough investigation to find out how the incident occurred and ensure extra measures are put in place.
    • Ofsted will also investigate any incidences.
    OOps forgot to put check inside house just went straight outside to look need to redo and only done them yesterday and sent out today
    Cath

mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

EmmaReed84 the only thing i would change is at the begining when you are out. I would not raise the alarm and inform everybody you had lost a child i would change it to raise the alarm and inform all suitable people in the area. Its only because by telling everyone you run the potential risk of informing a kidnapper that there is a child around lost.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennie1312 View Post
    EmmaReed84 the only thing i would change is at the begining when you are out. I would not raise the alarm and inform everybody you had lost a child i would change it to raise the alarm and inform all suitable people in the area. Its only because by telling everyone you run the potential risk of informing a kidnapper that there is a child around lost.
    Thank you, good point. Will change

sep 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi i was told that if in a shopping centre etc they would not seal of exits....you would still alert security staff so they can look out at the exits and monitor ctv though