A guide to Settling in! Help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 012
    Post Thanks / Like

Question A guide to Settling in! Help!

I am in the middle of writing a short settling in guide as part of my welcome pack but have no idea what to write! Any ideas or tips will be most helful

Thanks

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

A guide for parents? Good idea. I would say bring something from home ( a comforter, blanket, teddy etc) and make drop off short and sweet !

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

settling in will be as long as necessary
    each child settles in differently - so each situtation will be looked at and planned to
    settling in plan will be discussed with parents
    Parents will be asked for a detailed routine, so I can implement as many as possible within my own
    I will meet all adults/parents/carers responsible for drop off and collection
    Its hard for children but also hard for parents, this is also taken into consideration

and so on and so on

sep 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I decided not to write one! i did put settling periods can be discussed parent can stay for up to 1 hour no charge, once parents leave will charge £5 per hour once child and parent feel happy we would then start a contract. Like you say every child and situation is different i put to be discussed at length if need be in my brochure. i'm assuming this is ok i would fill in child record form and medical form if parent is leaving child with me though.

Question: is it ok to not do the contract till they decide they are hapy. I know they is a gray section about settling in but if they decided not to stay (or mums not happy working)it would be a waste of a contract?